Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email accounts disappearing

This is a new one for me. Running the stock email App on an AT&T GS4, every week or two for the past 3-4 months the GMail and ATT.Net email accounts seem to randomly be removed from the device. It acts like the app data was totally wiped clean, but it only appears to be on the stock email and/or gmail app. I've made sure the phone is totally updated, tried a factory reset and everything. I'll set the accounts up, they'll work fine for a few weeks, then I'll go to check for new mail and they are completely gone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Email accounts disappearing

I have two gmail email accounts configured with the application I also SGS4 mails disappear when tested.
    Other gmail app works well with a single account that I have also.

The two accounts are configured as pop3 gmail. In the phone disappear but the computer work well.

Must be the email application
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sounds like only your emails are disappearing, I'm talking about the entire accounts. Settings, emails and all. I launch the app to check my email and all I get is an option to setup an account. This one really has me stumped.

I can't get any emaol account to work except gmail. It says that it can't find my pop3 server.

I've had the same problem. I have an IMAP email account that just disappears every few weeks. I can put it back in the phone, and everything syncs back up, but there's no evidence as to why the account vanished in the first place.

Anyone have a solution?

Here's a long shot. It sounds like the email app data is being wiped. By any chance are any of you using something like a data cleaner on your phones that might be wiping the email app data?