News briefing alarm stuck on same story

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only person who is getting the same exact news story every day on the news briefing alarm?

Every single day I wake up I swear.. After it tells me the weather and my calendar events, it goes on to say "Knight Returns to Seymour Ave the day after she tells her captor 'your hell is just beginning'"

Am I the ONLY one with this phenomenon? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it unstuck on the same news story? This has been going on for a month now.

9ugytyta.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only person who is getting the same exact news story every day on the news briefing alarm?

Every single day I wake up I swear.. After it tells me the weather and my calendar events, it goes on to say "Knight Returns to Seymour Ave the day after she tells her captor 'your hell is just beginning'"

Am I the ONLY one with this phenomenon? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it unstuck on the same news story? This has been going on for a month now.

I would suggest trying to delete the widget, and replacing it. If the app was updated, the widget may be from the previous version and there may be a communication error between the new app and old widget.
If that doesn't help, email Yahoo and explain the problem.

Weld guy

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Im kinda haveing same problem with iheart radio app, I go to alarm settings change the station to wake up to, but it still uses the same station all the time. Ive even delete and dl app again.

Posted via Android Central App

meyork

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
You need ti go to widgets and select briefing. In the settings you will have to set it up to update. The default setting does not automatically update and that is causing your problem.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
You need ti go to widgets and select briefing. In the settings you will have to set it up to update. The default setting does not automatically update and that is causing your problem.

I don't see any briefing in widgets

Saeran Maniparathy

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I know it's been awhile since this thread started but I've had the same problem and finally found the solution! For the briefing alarm to show up-to-date information you must put the Weather and Yahoo News Widget, on one of your home screens. Then go into the Yahoo News app, hit the menu button, go into settings, and set the auto-update interval to a interval of your desire. Now you'll have up to date news and weather!! :)
This drove me crazy, hearing the same story every morning for months. Now it's finally fixed. Hope that helps!!

Tobias Lunever

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

I checked every single setting in the entire mobile and all its apps and every line of the manual. Finally after some failed tries on google I found the right keywords to find this helpful advice and ... it works!

:)

Richard murden

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

I checked every single setting in the entire mobile and all its apps and every line of the manual. Finally after some failed tries on google I found the right keywords to find this helpful advice and ... it works!

:)

Me too just couldn't find a solution until this thread. for months now i have been waking up to the announcement that a Russian former human rights activist and poet has died.........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital