Can't verify my number on WhatsApp

iNoScopedRFK

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just got my S4 and already ran into a problem. WhatsApp doesn't want to connect; I've been trying to verify my phone number with WhatsApp all day. Every time it says that it cannot connect with the internet. This is a bit odd because: (1) I know I'm connected to the internet (Chrome works fine and the wireless works on my N7 and laptop), (2) it wont let me verify by a phone call either and (3) using data does not work either. I've tried re-installing (multiple times), turning my S4 on and off, turning airplane mode on and off and every other thing that I could find online. Nada. Nothing. Still won't connect.

Anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just got my S4 and already ran into a problem. WhatsApp doesn't want to connect; I've been trying to verify my phone number with WhatsApp all day. Every time it says that it cannot connect with the internet. This is a bit odd because: (1) I know I'm connected to the internet (Chrome works fine and the wireless works on my N7 and laptop), (2) it wont let me verify by a phone call either and (3) using data does not work either. I've tried re-installing (multiple times), turning my S4 on and off, turning airplane mode on and off and every other thing that I could find online. Nada. Nothing. Still won't connect.

Could it be possible that part of their service may be down? I would try contacting their C.S. if possible

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

iNoScopedRFK

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried clearing the cache already. Still not working. It might be down but if it is I couldn't find anything online about it. I'll try to give their CS a call but was hoping someone here might know what's up. I thought I possibly had to change a setting or something because when I tried to download a language pack for SwiftKey, it wouldn't let me. Reminds me of not having the proper ports forwarded on a computer almost.

Dilsha Cm

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

tanvi ariz

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I m very much upset. ..I have been verifying my phone number on whats app but every time it says unable to connect to Internet although I have full network access

Posted via Android Central App

Arvinda Naikwadi

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
1.goto setting

2.application manager

3.select whatsapp.....

4.force stop......clear cache and clear data..

5. Start mobile data.

6.start Whatsapp application

7.Accept terms and condition

8.enter your number....it shows error msg.

9.NOW THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT ....ENTER YOUR FRIENDS NUMBER......

10.NOW IT SHOWS THE MESSAGE FOR CONFIRMATION OF NUMBER .......

11.CLICK ON EDIT BECOZ IT'S YOUR FRIENDS NUMBER.....

12.NOW ENTER YOUR REAL NUMBER....
13.DEFINITLY ALL NEXT STEPS COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY.

- - - Updated - - -

hi....
even i face the same problem now.... does whatapp work in ur S4 now....could u please help me in solving the problem...????

1.goto setting

2.application manager

3.select whatsapp.....

5. Start mobile data.

Arvinda Naikwadi

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
1.goto setting

2.application manager

3.select whatsapp.....

5. Start mobile data.

anilcg

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My Mobile no. not verifying .. i followed below steps but no use. whatever the number put it in the phone number box it showing error msg.

please help me

1.goto setting

2.application manager

3.select whatsapp.....

5. Start mobile data.

Mohammed Alassiry

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just signed up to the form to answer and thank you.

The steps above worked for me flawlessly from first try on 3g network.

So thank you for the steps above,
And to those who still struggle, please follow the steps strictly and good luck

blonde girl-eye

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If u have any problems at vedification... do clear at first the contact-memoy and stop it !!! The communication between wa and andriod isn't (its!!!) problematic. If its doesn't work.... be fastest!!!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Had trouble with my what's app too but it's done now & had a message come up saying it was free then after the year it's 69p a year. Is this true as I thought it was free no matter what? Confused.

Posted via Android Central App

Rejis33

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
While I type my phone number for the verify for whats App in my Android HTC Chache. The numbers are not entering properly..especially I can't type the number 1 (One) while I type 5 it comes 8 (Eight), while I type 3 it comes 7...like that...

So , please help me to verify my number on whats app

Thanks,

Reji