Move apps and game data to sd card
HI, i have the international version of samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9500 and i noticed that the internal memory is emulated as external storage so even when i select move to sd card in setting huge game data are still stored in the phone memory and i am running out of space, is there a way out without rooting the device, or root it in such a way that i still use official rom and get ota updates? Please advice. thanks in advance.
- 08-26-2013, 10:07 AM #2
Re: Move apps and game data to sd card
This is an Android issue. In later versions of Android (I think it began with 4.0), you can no longer move apps to the SD card.
The SD card at this point is largely useful for media storage, like MP3s and videos, until this changes.
We've been advised that Samsung has taken it upon itself to bring this feature back but (a) not every carrier has rolled it out; and (b) the app will still have to support it. I have t-Mobile. No rollout for me, not that I'm overly interested in it at the moment.
- By shmzh in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-30-2013, 02:33 PM
- By lucky24_01 in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2013, 09:28 PM
- By Zombied Mann in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2013, 05:33 PM
- By Kylethekool in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
- By Elvin515 in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM