Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Move apps and game data to sd card

HI, i have the international version of samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9500 and i noticed that the internal memory is emulated as external storage so even when i select move to sd card in setting huge game data are still stored in the phone memory and i am running out of space, is there a way out without rooting the device, or root it in such a way that i still use official rom and get ota updates? Please advice. thanks in advance.

Default Re: Move apps and game data to sd card

This is an Android issue. In later versions of Android (I think it began with 4.0), you can no longer move apps to the SD card.
    The SD card at this point is largely useful for media storage, like MP3s and videos, until this changes.

We've been advised that Samsung has taken it upon itself to bring this feature back but (a) not every carrier has rolled it out; and (b) the app will still have to support it. I have t-Mobile. No rollout for me, not that I'm overly interested in it at the moment.