- 09-20-2013, 10:23 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: speak caller ID over bluetooth only app?
I have had absolutely no success getting *any* of the talking caller ID apps to work with my Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ running J.B. 4.3 with any Bluetooth device I own. The announcements will be heard over the phone's speaker; not the Bluetooth device. I've tried multiple Bluetooth devices including a Sena SMH10R, Blue Ant Supertooth and Jabra CLIPPER.
I spoke at great length with Sena tech support and the app developer of Enhanced CallerID+ and both of them basically said that there are problems with Android's BT implementation. Perhaps if a developer reads this, the following will make sense:
"If the announcement uses the A2DP channel, this could be a problem. The incoming call uses HFP channel to the headset. When the HFP channel is open on the Sena headset, then the A2DP is not. In Bluetooth, you can't have both HFP and A2DP channel open at the same time."
Support for this feature seems so elementary I can hardly believe it's broken (for an apparently a long time over many release cycles).
- By paisley99 in forum T-MobileReplies: 9Last Post: 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
- By scotts9219 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 08-27-2013, 10:11 PM
- By Richard Lucas in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:59 PM
- By mashardy in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2013, 11:11 PM
- By Anoles in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2013, 10:01 PM