Newbie - Help needed! Cannot update S4
A couple of days ago my S4 received a firmware/software update and asked me if I wanted to install it. Naturally I said yes but upon doing so, I receive a message saying:
Unable to install software update (1.22MB). Not enough space in device storage or SD card. Delete some items" with the only option to press being 'OK'.
Now, i've got around 3GB storage left on the device and about 21GB (from a 32GB card) free too. So i'm baffled as to why it's saying it cannot install a 1.22MB update due to no space left. This is my first android phone and i'm a pretty tech-savvy guy (it's my job) but this beats me!
Any help is muchos appreciated as this pops up to install round 10 times a day!
- 08-26-2013, 05:59 AM #2
- 08-26-2013, 08:49 AM #4
Re: Newbie - Help needed! Cannot update S4
Managed to get Kies working now and it sees the phone, which is great.
What isn't great is that fact that the firmware download seems to be taking forever. I left it for an hour and came back to find it only at 8%. May have to leave it overnight tonight!
- By Farish in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 23Last Post: 09-07-2013, 07:09 PM
- By bb155w in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 08-27-2013, 01:34 PM
- By Sandman333 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2013, 12:51 AM
- By StephenPerr in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM
- By Anoles in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2013, 09:01 PM