Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jboogie1289
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clock widgets not keeping time

Hey guys,
    This happened all the time with my droidx and now continues with my s4. It seems no matter what clock widget I download, the time continued to randomly stop syncing and I have to reset my phone to correct. I have tried several different widgets and all eventually do it. Does anyone else experience this? I'd there any settings I need to change on my phone to efficiently use a time widget other than stock? Any help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Clock widgets not keeping time

For the home screen you could try HD widgets. For the lockscreen you can try dash clock.

I have the same problem with Galaxy S4 Zoom and I can't find the solution, when i'm not using the phone it stopts keeping time.
    Ive tryied changing time zones, auto detect time, manual setings, disabling networks and nothing works. I have Android 4.2.2 and I supose I have the latest firmware..

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goodison View Post
    For the home screen you could try HD widgets. For the lockscreen you can try dash clock.

I use both and have never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Markel View Post
    I have the same problem with Galaxy S4 Zoom and I can't find the solution, when i'm not using the phone it stopts keeping time.
    Ive tryied changing time zones, auto detect time, manual setings, disabling networks and nothing works. I have Android 4.2.2 and I supose I have the latest firmware..
    It can be normal for widgets to not update while you're not using the phone...but does it update to the correct time once you turn your phone back on?

Most of the times it doesnt. Some times while i'm driving and I change cells it auto corrects time. My big problem is that I bought the phone in the Duty Free in Panama Air Port and I live in Argentina, where Smasung did't bring the phone yet. When I took the phone to my phone company the tech support was so supprisid that took a picture to my phone sent to his girlfriend.
    Thanks for your concerns

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

On my Note 3 this doesn't happen. I've used a total of 5 different apps with the clock and weather widget combination. And like the original poster claims, once the phone goes to sleep and awakes it loses times and doesn't update. I have the Auto-update option checked in the settings menu for each app I installed and it's still the same issue. Ugh!!!!
    Gustavo Markel likes this.

I'm still trying to find a solution. In a Samsung dealer in Argentina they told they've never seen something like this.

Seems to be a common problem. My system clock is always right, ALL widget clocks do not update. After extensive research spread over a year and a half now I have come to the conclusion that the only remedy is a factory reset, which I am not going to do. So, goodbye widget clocks. Many people with this problem, Samsung needs to fix something.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I was also having this same problem and I found a solution today.
    The problem is the lock screen widgets (which you cannot use when you have a PIN secure lock anyway)
    Go to Settings > My Device > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Widgets
    The first choice you should have is Favorite Apps or Camera and it should be greyed out and set to ON.
    You have to set that to off.
    The only way I was able to do that was to change my screen lock to swipe, then I could go to lock screen widgets and turn favorite apps or camera to off and then set your screen lock with a pin again.
    (My situation was even more complicated because to get my corporate email, I have to have a pin lock. So I uninstalled my corporate email. Did all the steps above and then reinstalled my corporate email)
    Let me know if this does or does not work for anyone else.