Can't get my Mac to recognize my Galaxy S4 Getting REALLY frustrated

dianemapes

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to get my music from my Mac to my Galaxy S4 This what I have done ....

Downloaded and installed Android File Transfer
Down loaded and uninstalled Kies....
Rebooted the computer SEVERAL times...

Still getting the message to connect device even though it is conected...

What am I doing wrong????:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i've been having the same issues. i've tried and tried, and since i've gotten the phone i've only gotten it to connect a handful of times. it really only works when it wants to. i understand your frustrations!

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Kies is hit or miss, regardless of which OS you're on. If it can be helped, disable the "auto detect" option of Kies/Kies Air Message (dunno if Mac has a choice, haven't checked with the Mrs). With the app closed, connect your phone and wait for it to successfully register with the Mac. If it does, then launch Kies and see if you have better results. This works the majority of the time on my PC. Though after two days I gave up on it and just depend on the multiple built-in Clouds or taking the card out.

threezdavid

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for a solution to the same problem with no help from this thread but I did eventually solve the issue.
It turns out that plugging your phone in is a thing of the future and ir makes sense that the S4 would no longer support such a feature...

One word Bluetooth transfer... ok 2 words.