Samsung Galaxy S4--Contacts and Messaging Problems

patentconsult

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I am a new subscriber to Verizon (US) and got my S4 just three weeks ago. The phone is new and there appear to be no hardware issues whatsoever. A couple days ago, my contacts disappeared. They are getting synced using my gmail address. They disappear and then sometimes reappear. Oddly, when they disappear, names that I have assigned to numbers revert to just numbers. I have tried to force sync and also delete cache etc. It doesn't seem to work. Also, now messaging doesn't work. Messages that I try to send just have a spinning circle and take forever to either get sent or received. Obviously, some program or something is interfering with this phone since I didn't have these issues a few days ago. Could someone please help me? Thank you.

tekardi1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I m having same issue since last week, I have I9500 model , I took it to service and they change my phone, but again having same ****....g issue my contacts desapears and then phone became hot , battery goes down, I can t even make a phone call because contacts apps is freeze , then numbers appears again and finally contacts appears again either, but the phone is not stable..... it does this 3 or more times a day , even I have disable sync settings in account etc, really need help with this.

rlillico

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my Verizon GS4. It intermittently will lose all the contacts, and this interferes with the SMS and phone apps as well. It also sometimes hangs on the Verizon splash screen during power up. I have tried a new SIM card from Verizon as well as a replacement phone, and the problem still occurs... Sometimes. Even when the problem occurs, all the other apps and functions are unaffected. I am still looking for a solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Chuck Kellum

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT-T GS4. I manually entered my contact list to keep it simple. 24 hours later, my wife's facebook friends list was added to my contacts. She has not touched my phone and I don't even have the facebook app. I deleted 300+ contacts, checked all my synced accounts, and wondered how that happened. This morning, they were back. I don't have a FB account. She has an iphone that I backed up to my MAC about 6 months ago. I have deleted that backup from the MAC after the first occurrence, thinking some magic had caused my GS4 to think that was my iphone backup. How did it get the contact list again? Wow.

JoeTheFanMan

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i am having the same trouble. It all started when I added the updated LinkedIn app and said 'yes' to synchronizing my connections to the contact book. It resulted in tons of dups and first time Contacts started freezing. Now, I've tried rebooting, pulling battery, and even scraped the phone and reset to factory. Still happens and I've deleted LinkedIn and got the contacts down to only those in google. Happened again today, and now the culprit may be MagicJack which acts rogue frequently. Glad to find this posting, since I seemed to be the only one searching for and experiencing this problem.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Could it be multiple sync? I.e the linkedin add to your contacts and then google add it to the server so even if you've deleted the sync on linkedin but still have it on google server?

Can you check on the google contact?

Sent via Tapatalk 2

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar problems with my S4 & syncing Facebook & LinkedIn contacts.

On my S III, I had no trouble with Facebook contacts & minor problems with LinkedIn contacts (didn't sync all).

On my S4, Facebook contacts don't sync at all & I get only a 1/3 of my LinkedIn contacts.

I have both apps loaded on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I found a solution that worked for me. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app. When I logged back in it asked if I wanted to sync all of my contacts. I chose so & now all FB contacts are there.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I found a solution that worked for me. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app. When I logged back in it asked if I wanted to sync all of my contacts. I chose so & now all FB contacts are there.

Tried the same with LinkedIn. Didn't seem to work. After a couple of resets these contacts appeared also.
Odd thing is that the contacts show up as connections instead of a group. The FB contacts show up as both! I still only have 147 of 490+ total LinkedIn connections though. :(