Boot recovery. No command then error

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So every time I try to boot into recovery my little green android says no command. If I try to wipe partition it says error. Has anyone heard of this or had this happen?

Sent from Cletus the almighty S4 using AC Forums mobile app

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So every time I try to boot into recovery my little green android says no command. If I try to wipe partition it says error. Has anyone heard of this or had this happen?

I'm gonna blame you for not getting any answers to your question...you did not supply much info at all.

What version/carrier of the S4 are you using?
What did you do before you came to this error?
Is everything else working fine, just no recovery?

It almost sounds like you're on MF3 firmware with AT&T and you tried to flash a custom recovery and now you have no recovery at all? Just a guess?

Anyways, if you want help, supply as much information as you can think of so someone is more likely to be able to help you!

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna blame you for not getting any answers to your question...you did not supply much info at all.

What version/carrier of the S4 are you using?
What did you do before you came to this error?
Is everything else working fine, just no recovery?

It almost sounds like you're on MF3 firmware with AT&T and you tried to flash a custom recovery and now you have no recovery at all? Just a guess?

Anyways, if you want help, supply as much information as you can think of so someone is more likely to be able to help you!

Your right! I'm on Verizon. Running stock. I didn't try to flash a Rom, phone has been laggy so wanted to wipe my cache. I've attached a screenshot of my build number and hardware info.

Sent from Cletus the almighty S4 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1377861137548.jpg
    1377861137548.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 36

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to flash a custom recovery? If so, that would have destroyed your stock recovery and the custom recovery would not have installed either.

cindylee60

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That is correct, same here. I read some posts about this either here somewhere or on xda developers that people couldn't wipe their cache partition after the latest update. I tried myself and sure enough, I also got the error. I'm bone stock and on Verizon. There isn't a whole lot of info, but of you do a google search, you'll see some results.

asdfasdfgasdfadfs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
That is correct, same here. I read some posts about this either here somewhere or on xda developers that people couldn't wipe their cache partition after the latest update. I tried myself and sure enough, I also got the error. I'm bone stock and on Verizon. There isn't a whole lot of info, but of you do a google search, you'll see some results.

It is not limited to the latest update, I was experiencing that even before the update. Btw, I am on Sprint.

Srikanth JJ

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I am from India, Every time I try to boot into recovery my little green android says no command and when rebooting it says Error and Reboots the Phone, but its rooted successfully as i have Super User Access and able to use Titanium Back Up with out any issues, Please Help Screenshot_2014-01-02-23-56-30.jpg

jonwaitforitgate

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
To jeffreii
I have the same problem but mine is international version, no carrier like AT&T. And yep. You are right. I flash s4 to 4.4.2 and then try to flash back to 4.3. I couldn't so I searched and one forum says install the custom recovery and then factory reset using recovery mode. But after I install, I couldn't boot the phone nor call recovery mode. Then, I go to mobile service and they install 4.2, the original version i.e the same version as when it was bought. Finally, the phone reboot. But, it has network error and can't make any call. Plus, in odin mode, it says custom. knox void 1.
So first I would like to fix that.
Second I would like to flash 4.3 back if possible.
I would very much appreciate your help.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
To jeffreii
I have the same problem but mine is international version, no carrier like AT&T. And yep. You are right. I flash s4 to 4.4.2 and then try to flash back to 4.3. I couldn't so I searched and one forum says install the custom recovery and then factory reset using recovery mode. But after I install, I couldn't boot the phone nor call recovery mode. Then, I go to mobile service and they install 4.2, the original version i.e the same version as when it was bought. Finally, the phone reboot. But, it has network error and can't make any call. Plus, in odin mode, it says custom. knox void 1.
So first I would like to fix that.
Second I would like to flash 4.3 back if possible.
I would very much appreciate your help.
1) Once your Knox is void, there's no going back. The only way out is to buy a new phone. You tripped it when you flashed a custom recovery.
2) Upgrades on the S4 are "One Way" only because of the bootloader that's updated with each update. Attempts to downgrade will break the software or soft brick the phone. Your only option is to go back to Android 4.4.2. Look for the 4.4.2 ROM for your phone model and push it through via Odin. Everything should then be up and running properly.

mrozek46

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 active with at&t i flashed a custom rom on to it and now the phone wont turn on. I could get it into download mode but when I get it into recovery mode it says no command.
When i turn it on with the power button it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery in kies & try again" but if I try kies it says my firmware is not supported.
I also tried flashing the stock firmware on Odin but says failed everytime.
Any advice can help!

Chantelle Seney

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
, some damm people and their stinky attitude i tell ya.. i had the same problem and thats exactly what you can write as there is not much more info that can be offered smh i am not with any providers you have ever heard of so im sure the provider has nothing to do with it.. the kitkat update sucks they need to get a new update to fix the bugs

TerryMack74

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
, some damm people and their stinky attitude i tell ya.. i had the same problem and thats exactly what you can write as there is not much more info that can be offered smh i am not with any providers you have ever heard of so im sure the provider has nothing to do with it.. the kitkat update sucks they need to get a new update to fix the bugs

I have a Samsung Galaxy note II U S CELLULAR flashed over to Page plus/Verizon wireless prepaid. I was working out listening to some music and my phone died. I placed it on the charger and its been on the reboot command since. I'm struck

Last edited by a moderator:

Oliver White1

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) and have fixed it.

After successfully flashing CWM, any time I entered download mode the 'NO COMMAND' came up and the recovery was basically useless (showed the lying down android with red triangle in the background).

Found solution on a Galaxy S4 forum but it worked for my Tab 2, and probably some other devices.

SOLUTION:

1) Flash CWM as normal, except untick 'auto reboot' before you press start.
2) Once it's finished, unplug USB and power off directly from the download screen (just hold the power button in).
3) Next try and enter recovery mode, and if you're as lucky as me you'll get into the custom recovery and not the dodgy stock recovery.

The original forum was for Galaxy S4, so said to take out battery once the flash was complete. Tab 2 has not got removable battery, so I had to improvise by just powering off.

Hope this helps anyone in same situation as I was about half an hour ago.

Malik Shahid

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) and have fixed it.

After successfully flashing CWM, any time I entered download mode the 'NO COMMAND' came up and the recovery was basically useless (showed the lying down android with red triangle in the background).

Found solution on a Galaxy S4 forum but it worked for my Tab 2, and probably some other devices.

SOLUTION:

1) Flash CWM as normal, except untick 'auto reboot' before you press start.
2) Once it's finished, unplug USB and power off directly from the download screen (just hold the power button in).
3) Next try and enter recovery mode, and if you're as lucky as me you'll get into the custom recovery and not the dodgy stock recovery.

The original forum was for Galaxy S4, so said to take out battery once the flash was complete. Tab 2 has not got removable battery, so I had to improvise by just powering off.

Hope this helps anyone in same situation as I was about half an hour ago.

this works ............ great

patplusspun

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Just confirmed this to work on my Nexus 5. Thanks so much! Now to figure out why phone is not detected via 'fastboot devices' unless it's in bootloader mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech