Only sync Gmail and not contacts
I don't want to sync any of my gmail contacts to my phone but under sync settings, if I turn off sync contacts, my email messages will not be synced either. Is there a way to sync only emails and not Google contacts as well?
I have the same problem with my Yahoo account, its an old account that I primarily use for signups and I don't want to sync my contacts, just the email messages.
- 09-01-2013, 04:06 AM #2
Re: Only sync Gmail and not contacts
Welcome to Android Central! I think you can turn off Contacts sync on its own. Go to Settings/Accounts-Google, then select your Google Account. You should see "Contacts" and "Gmail" as separate entries. Uncheck "Contacts," and I think that should turn off Contact sync while keeping Gmail sync active.
- 09-01-2013, 06:12 AM #3***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
Snitches get stitches
Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
- 09-01-2013, 02:36 PM #5
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 09-02-2013, 12:20 PM
- By BRye in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 10Last Post: 09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
- By lolilawl in forum MetroPCS EsteemReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM
- By pandadunham in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM
- By Nightfreak13 in forum HTC EVO 3D Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2013, 12:06 AM