Request desktop site...

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So I find myself requesting the desktop sites of just about every web site out there because I just cant stand the mobile versions. Can I just make it a permanent thing to switch to desktop versions on my phone so I dont have to keep requesting them? I dont know why I hate the mobile versions, I just do. It could be that the graphics are far inferior, or that the layout is cheesy looking. So, for all those s4 users that have had more experience on their phone than me, a week and a half s4 owner, I ask for your opinions on this.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using a different browser? I got tired of it too and switched to an alternate one. I switch them up and try them all out but Boat Browser continues to be my goto.
Most 3rd party ones allow you to permanently change the UA to desktop, the stock one Idk.
I don't know how to word it correctly, you type in a command in the address bar that brings up the browsers true/false variable option screen. Lol. Maybe there's a setting in there to make it permanent. Can't remember the command though.
I recommend Boat or Dolphin browser though.

Posted via Android Central App

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Ive heard boat browser mentioned before. Is that and Dolphin in the app store and are they user friendly with a good layout?

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I like them both, there's not too much setting up to do. I just change user agent to desktop, change homepage to Google, flick flash to on demand, set to full screen, change download directory. That's pretty much on any browser, takes only a minute.
With Boat's free version you'll get an ad when opening bookmarks, but you do get to organize them into multiple folders.

Posted via Android Central App