How to set home location

mirage075

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a new S4 in Hong Kong. Before I had an S3 which I got with my subscription with 3 in Austria. I'm still in Hong Kong at the moment and everything is working fine. I have one question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

While you're roaming you can see 2 clocks on your lock screen, one showing the local time of where you are and one showing the time at home. My S3 would automatically show the time in Austria and the local time.
My new phone seems to recognize that I'm roaming (I am using my Austrian sim card after all) but it does not seem to know where 'home' is. I have not been able to find where I can set this.
Just FYI, it's not in Settings > More > Location services > My places.. I've already set this to Austria but it makes no difference.

Anyone who can help?

Cheers,

Tom

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a new S4 in Hong Kong. Before I had an S3 which I got with my subscription with 3 in Austria. I'm still in Hong Kong at the moment and everything is working fine. I have one question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

While you're roaming you can see 2 clocks on your lock screen, one showing the local time of where you are and one showing the time at home. My S3 would automatically show the time in Austria and the local time.
My new phone seems to recognize that I'm roaming (I am using my Austrian sim card after all) but it does not seem to know where 'home' is. I have not been able to find where I can set this.
Just FYI, it's not in Settings > More > Location services > My places.. I've already set this to Austria but it makes no difference.

Anyone who can help?

Cheers,

Tom
Welcome to the forums!
Could you tell us what app you are trying to use that this is an issue?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
That setting you went to is for select personalization settings and has nothing to do with the clocks :). I would check the basic clock settings and see if you can add/modify cities that affect it. Since the device hasn't been "home" yet, it may not have stored the relevant information from the home network. I don't roam so I didn't even know that was a feature or where else to begin looking.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings, My Device, Lock Screen, Lock Screen Widgets and select Dual Clock. There you have the option to set your home city :)

Like Darnell said, this is a lockscreen-clock-specific setting, so it won't affect anything else but the "Home" set for that widget.