Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts

Default Change Default Tone when Facebook opens

Hey all, this one has been bugging me for a while. First off I am what I would consider and advanced user. So I well aware how to change my ringtones, etc. Most are custom
    Including my Facebook notification ringtone. BUT. when I first open Facebook and actually sign in. when I get the CONTACTS SYNC page. It sets off my Default notification.
    Again please don't mix this up for the actual notificaiton sound I have set for Facebook under settings. It's different. And I have yet to find HOW to change this, it's quite annoying.
    Anyone have any idea?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Global Posts
    10,996 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Change Default Tone when Facebook opens

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Hey all, this one has been bugging me for a while. First off I am what I would consider and advanced user. So I well aware how to change my ringtones, etc. Most are custom
    Including my Facebook notification ringtone. BUT. when I first open Facebook and actually sign in. when I get the CONTACTS SYNC page. It sets off my Default notification.
    Again please don't mix this up for the actual notificaiton sound I have set for Facebook under settings. It's different. And I have yet to find HOW to change this, it's quite annoying.
    Anyone have any idea?
    I don't think you can change that tone easily. Something like sounds like you need to decompile the app, make the necessary edits, then recompile back together. Even if you did get the app taken apart you'll have to know where the sounds are located to make the necessary changes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I don't think you can change that tone easily. Something like sounds like you need to decompile the app, make the necessary edits, then recompile back together. Even if you did get the app taken apart you'll have to know where the sounds are located to make the necessary changes.
    That's what I was afraid of. So stupid! And I can't stand that I can't change it. Oh well
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

So, how do I change the notification that I get when someone posts something to facebook? I know I've done it because it's different but I can't for the life of me figure it out again!