Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if my posts are starting to annoy others on here, just my S4 has given cause for concern (just like everything I buy)

I've only had it 7 days and already:
- It runs too warm for my liking
- It hits 38 Celsius playing Real Racing 3. Doesn't make much difference if I turn off the extra stuff. It gets here in about 10 minutes
- The adaptor whines
Why is no one else I know with this phone having any of these problems (at the least they say theirs doesn't heat up)? Trust my luck to get the dodgy one

D:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an S4, but I can say that 38 C is not particularly hot for a device, especially if it's running a fairly processor-intensive app like a 3D racing game. It's not unusual for my Razr Maxx or N7 to reach those temps.

I'm not sure about the significance of buzzing or whining from the adaptor, but I can say that the adaptor for my Acer A100 buzzes softly if it's plugged into the wall alone, or if the tablet is connected but it's fully charged (so in other words, when the adaptor is plugged in but not charging anything).

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an S4, but I can say that 38 C is not particularly hot for a device, especially if it's running a fairly processor-intensive app like a 3D racing game. It's not unusual for my Razr Maxx or N7 to reach those temps.

I'm not sure about the significance of buzzing or whining from the adaptor, but I can say that the adaptor for my Acer A100 buzzes softly if it's plugged into the wall alone, or if the tablet is connected but it's fully charged (so in other words, when the adaptor is plugged in but not charging anything).

In this case I will use until it dies. Will put this matter to rest. Only concerned me on account of it being new

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Tread lightly with the buzzing as it can sometimes be the sign of a short or poor contact. Try bending the prongs of the plug slightly so they grip the socket better in the case of a poor fit. It may die on it's own or cause a surge frying the phone if it's connected.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone get hot with any other apps? If not, it's definitely because of the processor being intensely used as Diddy mentioned. Regarding the buzz/humming, consider taking it for a look to make sure there is no damage to the charger. Everything might be OK. However, it's better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it might be your phone. Is your phone plugged into a wall charger while playing the game? From all I've read you're not supposed to charge the phone while playing games. . that causes it to heat up. My phone really doesn't heat up at all, but I'm not a big gamer...good luck

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it might be your phone. Is your phone plugged into a wall charger while playing the game? From all I've read you're not supposed to charge the phone while playing games. . that causes it to heat up. My phone really doesn't heat up at all, but I'm not a big gamer...good luck

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

I game after charging therefore it's not plugged into the wall or computer. Give it 10 minutes of RR3 and it's at 38 C

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I get the buzzing too. Its weird because it only happen s when the screen is off. If I check the time or am using it the buzzing stops.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4