Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Edible Walrus
  • 1 Post By Darnell0216
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    I'm sorry if my posts are starting to annoy others on here, just my S4 has given cause for concern (just like everything I buy)

    I've only had it 7 days and already:
    - It runs too warm for my liking
    - It hits 38 Celsius playing Real Racing 3. Doesn't make much difference if I turn off the extra stuff. It gets here in about 10 minutes
    - The adaptor whines
    Why is no one else I know with this phone having any of these problems (at the least they say theirs doesn't heat up)? Trust my luck to get the dodgy one

    D:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    I don't have an S4, but I can say that 38 C is not particularly hot for a device, especially if it's running a fairly processor-intensive app like a 3D racing game. It's not unusual for my Razr Maxx or N7 to reach those temps.

    I'm not sure about the significance of buzzing or whining from the adaptor, but I can say that the adaptor for my Acer A100 buzzes softly if it's plugged into the wall alone, or if the tablet is connected but it's fully charged (so in other words, when the adaptor is plugged in but not charging anything).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I don't have an S4, but I can say that 38 C is not particularly hot for a device, especially if it's running a fairly processor-intensive app like a 3D racing game. It's not unusual for my Razr Maxx or N7 to reach those temps.

    I'm not sure about the significance of buzzing or whining from the adaptor, but I can say that the adaptor for my Acer A100 buzzes softly if it's plugged into the wall alone, or if the tablet is connected but it's fully charged (so in other words, when the adaptor is plugged in but not charging anything).
    In this case I will use until it dies. Will put this matter to rest. Only concerned me on account of it being new
    B. Diddy likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Tread lightly with the buzzing as it can sometimes be the sign of a short or poor contact. Try bending the prongs of the plug slightly so they grip the socket better in the case of a poor fit. It may die on it's own or cause a surge frying the phone if it's connected.
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid
    B. Diddy likes this.
  5. #5  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    9,109 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Does the phone get hot with any other apps? If not, it's definitely because of the processor being intensely used as Diddy mentioned. Regarding the buzz/humming, consider taking it for a look to make sure there is no damage to the charger. Everything might be OK. However, it's better safe than sorry.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    B. Diddy likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    EDIT: over reaction
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Sounds like it might be your phone. Is your phone plugged into a wall charger while playing the game? From all I've read you're not supposed to charge the phone while playing games. . that causes it to heat up. My phone really doesn't heat up at all, but I'm not a big gamer...good luck

    Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Quote Originally Posted by Faloogs View Post
    Sounds like it might be your phone. Is your phone plugged into a wall charger while playing the game? From all I've read you're not supposed to charge the phone while playing games. . that causes it to heat up. My phone really doesn't heat up at all, but I'm not a big gamer...good luck

    Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4
    I game after charging therefore it's not plugged into the wall or computer. Give it 10 minutes of RR3 and it's at 38 C
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    its true it heats up i hate s4 i prefer apple
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    I get the buzzing too. Its weird because it only happen s when the screen is off. If I check the time or am using it the buzzing stops.

    Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 faulty

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Marlins View Post
    its true it heats up i hate s4 i prefer apple
    Any computer, which these phones are, including Apple, will heat up with heavy use.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 06:51 PM
  2. Battery Issues with Samsung Galaxy s3
    By broghanreid in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
  3. Should I trade in my HTC One for S4 or Moto X?
    By jrasero23 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
  4. Holster/Case combo for S4 info
    By Oj467 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
  5. Saying Goodbye to my Razr Maxx - Factory reset question
    By newbeginning828 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions