Not getting text message notifications! Please help!

Kerti

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting any notifications for text messages on my S4 anymore. I switched to GoSMS for a little while but ended up not liking it switched back to the normal messaging app. Ever since I did that, I no longer receive a notification for text messages on my phone, I have to open the app now to see if I have any messages. I checked my notification settings in the messaging app and in the main settings but everything is fine and enabled. Please help, this is driving me crazy! Thank you. In case it matters to anyone, my phone is not rooted.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
When you uninstalled GoSMS, did you make the stock messaging app the default once again? Just to make sure, go to a contact and click the text message button. If it goes straight to the stock messaging without asking to choose an app, it's already set to default.
If you haven't tried it already, change the alerts to silent for texts and then change them back to a sound.

unmistakable

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting any notifications for text messages on my S4 anymore. I switched to GoSMS for a little while but ended up not liking it switched back to the normal messaging app. Ever since I did that, I no longer receive a notification for text messages on my phone, I have to open the app now to see if I have any messages. I checked my notification settings in the messaging app and in the main settings but everything is fine and enabled. Please help, this is driving me crazy! Thank you. In case it matters to anyone, my phone is not rooted.

I am also having this same problem and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the notifications to sound or even have the indicator light appear when receiving texts. I ALWAYS have to go into the stock messaging app to see if anything is there. This is just so very irritating!!

Emma Durkin

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
When I first started my Samsung Galaxy I installed all of the recommended apps - one of these was called Hangouts - an app for displaying text messages. I just went into the Hangout settings and switched everything off relating to notifications and now I am getting text notifications again on the home screen. I can see who has sent me a message and a number is on the envelope

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings>more>application manager>swipe over to all then scroll down to messaging make sure show notifications is checked.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Libby6873

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Emma! My issue was with the Google Hangouts also. Just went in and turned off SMS inside Hangouts and notifications started working again,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc