Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 back button and options button not working(no lights)

Hi.

I recently upgraded with my service provider and got an S4. However after 4 days the back button and options button no longer works, and the lights do not show, i disabled and enabled haptic feedback, turned off power saving mode and rebooted my phone via the power button and via a hard reboot.

I did not do a factory reset because if the device fails within 7 days of purchase, which it has it, it must be returned to the store where i purchased it.

Any idea as to what to do, before i send the phone back?
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Problem SOLVED !!

Go to settings > my device > display > touch key light duration, set to 1.5 seconds.

FIXED !!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 back button and options button not working(no lights)

I vote send it back if there's an issue of this size so quickly

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 back button and options button not working(no lights)

Problem SOLVED !!

Go to settings > my device > display > touch key light duration, set to 1.5 seconds.

FIXED !!!

Still not working bro please help

Did you solve the problem, pls answer...

Having the same issue. Pretty sure it's a defect. Bring it to Verizon store today to confirm.

I have same problem, and changing touch key light duration to 1.5 seconds did not work! However, I found a workaround.

Go to Settings > My Device > Accessibility
    Scroll down to Mobility
    Turn Assistant Menu to On.

This will display a small white square. You can tap on it from any app or any screen and it will show you the menu option along with other options. Hope this helps.

This hapenned to me when I replaced amoled screen with new one.Home button worked but menu and backed were dead.I don't know is that good solution but I put small part doublesided tape between home ,menu back flat cable and board where it is connected to isolate them and now everything works.But on youtube video I can't see that is anything beetween.