- 1 Posts
New User Help: Texts, Apps, Alert Questions. Please Help.
Greetings all - please let me know how you address these issues on your S4. Thank you in advance.
1. Text Messages - I've read posts on the SMS Pro app. Do I need this in order to connect with my old Iphone cohorts who use IMessage? My recent text messages have required me to manually download them. This is annoying. How can I fix this?
2. I tried using the Smart Alarm feature this morning and nothing happened. My normal alarm went off (thankfully) but the Smart Alarm didn't do much if anything. Does anyone use this feature? What am I missing?
3. I like the LED notification features - but don't like my phone blinking all night (last I night I was charging it and it blinked Green all night). Is there a way to disable this during certain hours?
4. What is the best app to download for "find my phone" in case I lose this thing?
5. Lastly, is downloading the users manual worth it? I miss being able to read through a book and teach myself features rather than relying on the good nature of others to help me. But since I have no manual, I appreciate everyone's input.
- 09-06-2013, 09:49 AM #2
Re: New User Help: Texts, Apps, Alert Questions. Please Help.
I do not have an S4, but I can try to answer some of your questions.
3. In Settings is there a Sleep/Quiet Time/Do not disturb mode? Otherwise you can try an app like Tasker. I think that has a configuration for a do not disturb mode.
4. Some Antivirus apps have a device locator feature. Or else you can use Google device manager.
5. If you can find a free one, why not? You can always delete it when you are done with it.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By gillboysimran in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
- By Nigel Cannon in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2013, 09:55 PM
- By Aminu Ahmad1 in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2013, 04:09 AM
- By keroInnovation in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2013, 03:50 AM
- By pyra12 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2013, 02:17 AM