- 1 Posts
Battery Life on S4 Wasn't As Good As Before
So recently, I've installed Swiftkey, because I was sick of the default android keyboard. But then, I've realized that the battery would drop way more than before I installed this app. So every half an hour I would drop about 1% on idle. I'm not sure if this is normal, because back then I'm pretty sure I've lost about 1% almost at least every 45 minutes or so. It's been 7 hours now, with little usage, and from 100%, it has dropped to 73%. Currently, Google Services are taking up 26%, screen is taking up 37%, and Chrome is taking up 10%, although it's closed. Sorry, I'm new to android and phones, and therefore would like to ask if this is considered "normal". Thanks.
- 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM #2
- 09-09-2013, 04:34 AM #3
Re: Battery Life on S4 Wasn't As Good As Before
Usage is highly variable. There are just too many factors that could contribute to the difference that you're seeing. Today, for example, I didn't get so many wakelocks on my HTC One. I found it fantastic but yesterday, wakelocks were a problem for me. There is just too many factors. If you can reproduce your results tomorrow then you can install it and then test it yet again. Reproducibility is good science. Good luck.
- 09-09-2013, 08:35 AM #4
- 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM #5
- By Sorkzilla in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 09-10-2013, 07:05 PM
- By Mal01 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM
- By wanted198 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2013, 03:46 PM
- By KJD209 in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2013, 06:50 PM
- By phanks1972 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2013, 04:49 PM