Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

2 100.00%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what are my chances?

ok i have mf3 software, and as you well know you cant flash roms. i am running att, and really want to start flashing roms again since i found out about the rom switcher app. plus there is somethings that really upset me (annoying) the sound warning and the charger full icon, recommend music apps who cares. manly why i want a custom rom.

i thought about something walking into the att store making up some random story about signal loss, and seeing if i can get a different galaxy s4. i wonder if refurbished comes with the MF3 or MDL.
    (true story i have been one baring for most of the day in my house (i get 3 constantly))

thank yall
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
    old phones- Blackberry curve-> iphone 3gs->iphone 4s->galaxy S3->galaxy S4

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

Default Re: what are my chances?

I'm pretty sure that if you get a refurb, they're going to have installed the latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you get a refurb, they're going to have installed the latest firmware.
    I recently received a replacement phone about a month or so ago, it came with the 2nd to oldest firmware and was possible to flash/root the device. I then updated to MF3.

1. Any refurb or replacement will likely have the current ROM installed.

2. Lose the random story. Stick with facts. If you're dropping calls they can see that in their software. They won't give you a refurb for just "signal loss", unless you hold yours next to a store model and can show a true signal loss.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Dang so its slim. Maybe I can blame it on android 4.2 lol. (I am trying to find a way. So that I can flash roms. ) I screwed up and didnt research before I bought it now I am paying for it.

True story to a certain point-i have been one baring 90% of the day I got wireless Internet here at the house so its no big deal. The gs3 got better service

I think a way I can find out the phone is mdl ask them to let me see it and everything works wink-wink.

What could I use to get my hands on a refurbished phone? Bad thing is mine works great and preforms great but signal loss is a bad thing.

thank yall
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, this thread died. So I might be able to stop by att. What does mdl run? I think 4.1.3 right?

Now I got a lagging lock screen freeze happened this morning let my phone sit after I noticed it, for 6 min still the same (I have to do a batt pull fastest, or hold the pwr button down) bad thing is that it wont does this often. Just like signal loss.

I am going to blame 4.2 for this (I am going to say I never had these problems until I updated to 4.2. I am also goin to check the phone they give me. For mdl before I leave.)

Would the phone be new or refurbished, if this works
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Screw it. Found something better on xda. Good things come to those who wait it just kills me

I know this thread has been out but I dont check around or get on xda much and it does work for att
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

And most of yall are right a refurbished phone will be locked. att is going to lock every device which is stupid,
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

a little bump, i stopped by att yesterday with a froze lock screen, she held the pwr button down and nothing, so she gave me a card with the number i need for it, of course that one has a bad rep it seems like,

and since when has att not replaced a device in the store after the return date? my crack berry curve was replaced in store twice and once at the service center, then it got traded for 3gs