- 1 Posts
Samsung s4 exploding battery
'Great phone' is what I thought when i laid down hundreds of pounds to buy an S4. Around two months I'd had it. Yet last night, when I was out with some friends, the back seemed stupidly hot. I asked a few people if they thought it should get that hot. Worried, I took the battery out. It was SWELLING. My friend made the mistake of picking it up and it EXPLODED IN HIS HAND with a noise and cloud of smoke like a firework and left his hand SCORCHED. Don't risk your bodyparts for an S4. This should not happen.
- 09-09-2013, 04:29 AM #2
- 09-09-2013, 04:43 AM #3
- 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM #4
- 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM #5
Re: Samsung s4 exploding battery
Realistically this could happen to any phone or battery. The odds of this happening are slim to none but there is that small chance it could happen. If you ever feel like something is wrong don't hesitate to take action. In this case its tricky to say what the best thing to do is. I would have left it in the phone and turned it off. Can anyone chime in as to what the best idea would be?
I hope your friend is okay.
Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.
- 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM #6
- 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM #7
- 11-29-2013, 02:28 AM #8
- 1 Posts
- By PlayDLine in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:18 PM
- By Cynthia Da Costa in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2013, 02:56 AM
- By Laurkin in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2013, 01:24 AM
- By ernest_mendoza in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 11:21 PM
- By Colonels in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2013, 11:06 PM