Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trucky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't understand why pics are blurred

when I take the pic of something that is moving himself with my galaxy s4 , 90% came out blurred! I've tried the galaxy s2 of my girlfriend and with that even if I take a photo of a running man it come out perfectly! I can't understand!
    Sorry for my bad English, i m italian

Default Re: Can't understand why pics are blurred

Check your camera settings. There are several things you might want to look at (ISO settings, and there is also a scene mode specifically for sports). I'm sure there are other things someone with more photography experience can point out. It might also be worth your while to read this article. It's about the GS3 camera but should be similar to your GS4's camera:
    The Galaxy S3 Gallery: [Guide] Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Usage Guide, Part 1: Hardware and Feature
    Thanked by:

If you take a picture of something moving you need a fast shutter speed to "freeze" the motion so it won't be blurred. If you shoot a picture in bright light the camera will use a fast shutter speed. If the light is not so bright, the camera will slow down the shutter speed to let in more light and you may get blur from motion. One thing you could try would be to set the flash so it will be forced to fire; the flash may help freeze motion. You can read some tips here Avoiding Motion Blur with Your Digital Camera | Overstock.com
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you very much for you advices my fear is that of have a faulty phone... Is it possible or is just because of settings?

Another thing I've found that caused blurry pics... there seems to be a fraction of a lag between pressing the shutter button and the actual shutter taking the photo. It's just enough sometimes that I think I've taken a rock solid shot, only to find I press the shutter then moved the camera, causing a worthless shot. It doesn't happen every time and I'm guessing it is a function of overall system load at the time. Just another tip to be aware of.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    Another thing I've found that caused blurry pics... there seems to be a fraction of a lag between pressing the shutter button and the actual shutter taking the photo. It's just enough sometimes that I think I've taken a rock solid shot, only to find I press the shutter then moved the camera, causing a worthless shot. It doesn't happen every time and I'm guessing it is a function of overall system load at the time. Just another tip to be aware of.
    It never happened to me, I think.. But how have you fixed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alepaxx View Post
    Thank you very much for you advices my fear is that of have a faulty phone... Is it possible or is just because of settings?
    It's almost certainly the settings and inherent limitations of a cellphone camera system.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Alepaxx View Post
    It never happened to me, I think.. But how have you fixed it?
    I don't know that I've fixed it but I've learned to go back to my camera days and squeeze the shutter, not poke, and to hold the phone still for just a moment after shooting.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Alepaxx likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you very much