Can't understand why pics are blurred

Alepaxx

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
when I take the pic of something that is moving himself with my galaxy s4 , 90% came out blurred! I've tried the galaxy s2 of my girlfriend and with that even if I take a photo of a running man it come out perfectly! I can't understand!
Sorry for my bad English, i m italian

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If you take a picture of something moving you need a fast shutter speed to "freeze" the motion so it won't be blurred. If you shoot a picture in bright light the camera will use a fast shutter speed. If the light is not so bright, the camera will slow down the shutter speed to let in more light and you may get blur from motion. One thing you could try would be to set the flash so it will be forced to fire; the flash may help freeze motion. You can read some tips here Avoiding Motion Blur with Your Digital Camera | Overstock.com

Alepaxx

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for you advices :) my fear is that of have a faulty phone... Is it possible or is just because of settings?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I've found that caused blurry pics... there seems to be a fraction of a lag between pressing the shutter button and the actual shutter taking the photo. It's just enough sometimes that I think I've taken a rock solid shot, only to find I press the shutter then moved the camera, causing a worthless shot. It doesn't happen every time and I'm guessing it is a function of overall system load at the time. Just another tip to be aware of.

Alepaxx

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I've found that caused blurry pics... there seems to be a fraction of a lag between pressing the shutter button and the actual shutter taking the photo. It's just enough sometimes that I think I've taken a rock solid shot, only to find I press the shutter then moved the camera, causing a worthless shot. It doesn't happen every time and I'm guessing it is a function of overall system load at the time. Just another tip to be aware of.

It never happened to me, I think.. But how have you fixed it?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It never happened to me, I think.. But how have you fixed it?

I don't know that I've fixed it but I've learned to go back to my camera days and squeeze the shutter, not poke, and to hold the phone still for just a moment after shooting.