How: Purge/erase rogue ringtone on my Sprint S4

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Stuck and seriously annoyed... hope that someone can help... My default ringtone keeps reverting to "unknown ringtone" every few days. I recognize it -- I downloaded it from Zedge a while back but have since removed all non-stock ringtones from my phone in an effort to make this behavior stop. It is continuing and it's driving me crazy.

How do I get rid of that rogue ringtone once and for all?

Stock and NOT rooted... bootloader locked.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the ringtone stored in the SD Card? It may be unmounting/remounting randomly, causing the 'not found' file error. You could also have a rogue app that's changing the ringtone, not necessarily the ringtone file.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
One way to make sure that particular ringtone is not used would be to find its file in storage and delete it, but that doesn't solve the question of why this is happening in the first place. SpookDroid has some good ideas above on that.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is the ringtone stored in the SD Card? It may be unmounting/remounting randomly, causing the 'not found' file error. You could also have a rogue app that's changing the ringtone, not necessarily the ringtone file.

I have removed all non-stock ringtones from my phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech