Extra button to hit while making a call on S4

jayzee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just gotten an S4 after being a HTC user for my last 3 handsets. Compared to my HTC phones, the S4 has a much better battery life and I'm really pleased with it. There is one thing that bugs me about this phone though, which is making a call. When I key in the alphabets of my contact's name on the T9 phone pad, the name pops up. Clicking it only makes the number appear but it does not connect directly. I have to hit the green phone icon before it starts to connect. This seems to be a redundant step to me. Is there any way around this? Thank you for your help!:)

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Learn to trust your voice assistant. I hold/long-press the home button for everything on my phone - launching an app, making a call, playing a certain song, adding a calendar event. It's much more easier, sometimes your voice assistant may ask who your brother is (when you ask to "Call my brother") - in case you havent told her yet. It's way faster then typing a search name. And you dont even have to unlock your phone...

Last edited:

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just gotten an S4 after being a HTC user for my last 3 handsets. Compared to my HTC phones, the S4 has a much better battery life and I'm really pleased with it. There is one thing that bugs me about this phone though, which is making a call. When I key in the alphabets of my contact's name on the T9 phone pad, the name pops up. Clicking it only makes the number appear but it does not connect directly. I have to hit the green phone icon before it starts to connect. This seems to be a redundant step to me. Is there any way around this? Thank you for your help!:)

Yes. Swipe the contacts name to the right for calls and to the left for texts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2