Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By j510
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extra button to hit while making a call on S4

Hi all,

I have just gotten an S4 after being a HTC user for my last 3 handsets. Compared to my HTC phones, the S4 has a much better battery life and I'm really pleased with it. There is one thing that bugs me about this phone though, which is making a call. When I key in the alphabets of my contact's name on the T9 phone pad, the name pops up. Clicking it only makes the number appear but it does not connect directly. I have to hit the green phone icon before it starts to connect. This seems to be a redundant step to me. Is there any way around this? Thank you for your help!

Default Re: Extra button to hit while making a call on S4

Learn to trust your voice assistant. I hold/long-press the home button for everything on my phone - launching an app, making a call, playing a certain song, adding a calendar event. It's much more easier, sometimes your voice assistant may ask who your brother is (when you ask to "Call my brother") - in case you havent told her yet. It's way faster then typing a search name. And you dont even have to unlock your phone...

Default Re: Extra button to hit while making a call on S4

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    Hi all,

I have just gotten an S4 after being a HTC user for my last 3 handsets. Compared to my HTC phones, the S4 has a much better battery life and I'm really pleased with it. There is one thing that bugs me about this phone though, which is making a call. When I key in the alphabets of my contact's name on the T9 phone pad, the name pops up. Clicking it only makes the number appear but it does not connect directly. I have to hit the green phone icon before it starts to connect. This seems to be a redundant step to me. Is there any way around this? Thank you for your help!
    Yes. Swipe the contacts name to the right for calls and to the left for texts.
    tytlyf likes this.