Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After the initial excitement of the S4, do you still use any of its "features"?

I used the features on my s4 for about a month. Now I run action launcher and don't use a single one outside of the camera. Not smart this, or air that. Nothing. They seem to get in the way more than they help. I love my s4 but I love it more now with everything I "needed" turned off.
    How about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: After the initial excitement of the S4, do you still use any of its "features"?

I still use Air View, mainly to get a preview of my email messages.

Default Re: After the initial excitement of the S4, do you still use any of its "features"?

Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    I still use Air View, mainly to get a preview of my email messages.
    Yep, still use air view for the email previews and the quick glance. Thats about it.
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Nope, but didn't really use them on the first place just show off in front of my friends.

Note 8.0

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

Just switched from Touchwiz to Cyanogenmod. So that'd be "no".

I didn't use that many features in the first place, but among those I loved and still use are the hover, including when the phone is off and you're just checking status and time. THe ability to pull down key icons from the toolbar at the top is great. And I do appreciate watch-on, although my uses are specialized. I have loved the camera modes, too.

I frankly didn't buy the phone for the gee-whiz features. It's great for doing the basics--fast and powerful. Couple with the fairly large screen and it actually makes the promise of a lot of mobile computing come to life. The rest ...frills. Sometimes nice frills, but frills.
    Last edited by monsieurms; 09-11-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I never used the whiz-bang features either ... I got the phone for its size, display, speed, and ability to be customized and expanded with memory & a spare battery.

I haven't rooted yet, but will be doing that soon ... then I may or may not install a new ROM ... I don't mind the phone as it is now, having replaced the stock launcher with NOVA Prime ... but if a new ROM will make it even faster and more customizable, then I may install one ...
    - Wiggum -

AT&T ... SGS4 ... Android v4.3 ... non-rooted

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Just switched from Touchwiz to Cyanogenmod. So that'd be "no".
    A few features have made their way to the nightly build I'm using, like making the taskbar appear in full screen, and ir support

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Mostly the camera. Using Hyperdrive rom. Much faster, smoother, & better battery life than my Gnex plus am able to rock a 64gb sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4