Why is my S4 dying?

reconminicon

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
When I first got this phone sometime when they first came out I loved it. Fast and crisp, but I am getting more and more disappointed with it. The sat nav since it was updated only finds locations when it wants then sometimes it will end the app but sometimes still talk the directions! Maps also when you type a destination sometimes wont find it. When it does the map wont load even though I am using wifi. Also my emails no longer get pushed through I have to manually sync. Last night it displayed all old deleted emails, it took a long time to sort itself out then the deleted emails disappeared. Also the internet not chrome when a page is loaded it will not scroll for a while as though the cpu is maxed out for a bit, then when trying to go back a page it keeps loading the same one.
I loved this phone. But I think we are falling out. Advice would be much appreciated.

GS4 UK Vodaphone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds more like app and/or settings issues than a battery issue. A lot of people are having problems with the updated Google Maps and Navigation, so if those are what you're using that may be part of the problem. For the web browser, try clearing the cache and maybe data also.

reconminicon

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you think flashing an up to date official rom might sort it? Just to get rid of all the old crap?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app