Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is glad they got a gs4 vs waiting for the iPhone 5s

So I am glad I went with the gs4. To me seems still superior to the next iPhones That were just announced. I was Hoping apple would have something to intice me more seeing that I have an Ipad, macbook air and Ipod touch. What do you guys think of the announcement?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Who is glad they got a gs4 vs waiting for the iPhone 5s

I also have a GS4 but my sister has an iPhone 5. She's not missing out on much if you ask me. Same specs aside from processor. Fingerprint sensor and 64-bit computing is unnecessary and a marketing title imo.

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The 64-bit update is a big thing. It won't be long before we start seeing similar hardware on upcoming Android devices. It might not be enough for current iPhone 5 users to upgrade. But its something for the 4s or earlier people to consider.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

But how many apps support 64-bit? It's going to take quite a few months for all the app makers to remake their apps. In the time being there will be other phones made with 64-bit computing but with better specs...

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    srkmagnus likes this.

Question Re: Who is glad they got a gs4 vs waiting for the iPhone 5s

OK not sure how to post new topic but I got Nexus LG E960 I love it but cant add telephone #s to my list can anyone please help thanks Thank U Also anyone know if this phone takes a micro SD Card thanks ?

Graphixx30 and GWILKS like this.

I actually sold my iPhone 5 for the S4. I knew apple would be stubborn and not put out a bigger screen this year. As previous poster mentioned, it would have been nice if they would have came out with something better considering I have macbook pro and apple TV. Couldn't wait any longer. And I was avid apple supporter. Now I'm going to give my son my S4 and pick up the Note 3. Apple could have really dominated the market with a bigger screen. Imo, that's what people really wanted from them. Too bad. They do make quality products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    rajnet and dirk diggler3 like this.

I was hoping apple would release a really cool phone...instead they released 2 boring phones. The new iphone 5s is really underwhelming to say the least. apple is going the same route as HTC in saying bigger pixels are better then megapixels which is funny to me. Still 8MP. I thought the burst mode was something they should have already had and the slow mo video is something I have on my SG4 and have used one time to try it out. The finger print scanner sounds really cool, then they talked about it and you realize all it does is pay for ITUNES purchases and unlock your phone. Nothing else, apple\Tim Cook specifically said no app access to this. Not that it matters, there is no way for the finger print to do much because it doesn't have a way to interact with NFC(which is still missing) or any payment terminals. Lets not forget the new 64p proc in a phone...wow, so instead of a quad core they went 64bit. To bad no apps support it, but by they do 64bit quads will be out in android. Either way this is something the average consumer could care less about. Oh and lets not forget the new screen size...oh wait, nm its still 4 inches.

The iphone 5 c is kind of comical. Apple has made a plastic phone so they can save on production cost. The phone itself is pretty much the old iphone 5 just in a cheap plastic case. They screwed millions of apple fans who buy last years model at a discount when the new phone comes out. Now apple fans can buy the expensive I5s or a cheap plastic iphone. It comes in different colors so they think that's a trade off for not being a high quality build like the old iphone 5.** Edit. It's not cheap by any means it cost $199 and $99...LMAO, the free phone is the very old outdated iphone 4S 8GB

Apple will still sell millions, but the phone is outdated to me. Before I saw the new iphone 5s I actually thought they would surprise me and release a really amazing phone that would want me to think about getting one. But sadly there is nothing this phone does that the Sg4 and other android phones don't already do.
    Last edited by Newtoandroid99; 09-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    gdmin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    ... apple is going the same route as HTC in saying bigger pixels are better then megapixels which is funny to me. Still 8MP.

I don't understand your statement. It is an undeniable fact that beyond a certain point bigger pixels increase the quality of photos much more than more pixels does (and 8MP is plenty for normal people). 8MP (3264 x 2448) is enough to easily print a very high quality 8 x 10 print, although without much room for cropping. Larger pixels allow for greater light gathering and much better quality in lower light.

I have a ton of friends with iPhones/HTC one. The fact is the pictures they take at distances lack the detail of my Sg4. Zooming in to crop a picture is something I do often and simply put megapixels make a difference. While people claim this makes no difference it is easily spotted when you see pictures that have little facial detail the further away someone is.
    keyzlife likes this.

Doesn't the iPhone 5S need at least 4gb of Ram for the 64bit to work properly?

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!

I have a ton of friends with iPhones/HTC one. The fact is the pictures they take at distances lack the detail of my Sg4. Zooming in to crop a picture is something I do often and simply put megapixels make a difference. While people claim this makes no difference it is easily spotted when you see pictures that have little facial detail the further away someone is.

OK, yes, megapixels do make a difference it you plan to crop heavily. And I've never used an HTC One so I can't comment on the quality of its camera. There are many factors that influence the quality of picture a camera cam take, like lens quality and jpg compression algorithm.

Going from 1 to 3 MP makes a huge difference, 8 to 12 MP ... eh. At that point, I'd rather have bigger pixels cause 8MP is generally going to be plenty. Ideally, we'd get bigger pixels and more of them!

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I'm glad I got a GS4 but I was never waiting for the 5s. Completely disinterested in that particular piece of technology.

Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    troshs 
    troshs and Bodrul like this.

I've been waiting for years for a bigger screen iPhone. Glad I stopped waiting and got the s4 on day 1. I won't be interested in Apple again until they have a 5 inch or larger. And even then I probably won't be going back.

Bodrul likes this.

They can use a 64bit cpu all they want it does not mean anything unless the os is 64bit. Now dies this mean they will have 2 versions of ios now? I really dont think so. I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
    I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.
    You...are you implying there's not undercoat on my used Yugo?

Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.

qxr likes this.

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
    They can use a 64bit cpu all they want it does not mean anything unless the os is 64bit. Now dies this mean they will have 2 versions of ios now? I really dont think so. I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.
    iOS 7 is 64-bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    You...are you implying there's not undercoat on my used Yugo?

Note 8.0
    No paint protectant, either.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
    qxr likes this.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

I have the S4, but I didn't get it because I was sick of waiting for the 5S, I got it because I hate Apple and their inferior, proprietary, unexpanable junk
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    Thanked by:
    qxr 
    Haalcyon and AM759 like this.

Yes I'm glad I got my s4 and didn't wait for the 5s. I dont feel as though im missing out on anything. Im happy with my S4, its a top class phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Posted from my iPad mini.
    qxr and Bodrul like this.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    Yes I'm glad I got my s4 and didn't wait for the 5s. I dont feel as though im missing out on anything. Im happy with my S4, its a top class phone.

To me that sounds like getting a BMW 535 and saying you don't feel like you missed anything because you didn't get a Toyota Avalon.

Sony XTZ...like ecstasy indeed
    Live long and prosper.

troshs, qxr and Bodrul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post

As an iPhone 5 owner I was super disappointed... This must be how people with galaxy s3's felt like. I get it at least, why make breath taking changes every year when the biggest market on planet uses 2 year scamtracts (ty T-Mobile for ushering in carrier freedom).

GS4/iPhone5

lol has anyone seen this new iPhone 5c /5s video? This dude is a trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    Almeuit and AM759 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    lol has anyone seen this new iPhone 5c /5s video? This dude is a trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Lololol .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

As an Apple loyalist for years I think I finally woke up this year. I became increasingly bored with my smaller screen and the wow factor wore off. Ever since I went over to the S4 I have been wowed, enamored and fell in love. Android just presents so much more of what I need and want from a phone. There have been a few times that I went back and forth between both devices but I eventually came back to the S4.

I was hoping apple would release a really cool phone...instead they released 2 boring phones. The new iphone 5s is really underwhelming to say the least. apple is going the same route as HTC in saying bigger pixels are better then megapixels which is funny to me. Still 8MP. I thought the burst mode was something they should have already had and the slow mo video is something I have on my SG4 and have used one time to try it out. The finger print scanner sounds really cool, then they talked about it and you realize all it does is pay for ITUNES purchases and unlock your phone. Nothing else, apple\Tim Cook specifically said no app access to this. Not that it matters, there is no way for the finger print to do much because it doesn't have a way to interact with NFC(which is still missing) or any payment terminals. Lets not forget the new 64p proc in a phone...wow, so instead of a quad core they went 64bit. To bad no apps support it, but by they do 64bit quads will be out in android. Either way this is something the average consumer could care less about. Oh and lets not forget the new screen size...oh wait, nm its still 4 inches.

The iphone 5 c is kind of comical. Apple has made a plastic phone so they can save on production cost. The phone itself is pretty much the old iphone 5 just in a cheap plastic case. They screwed millions of apple fans who buy last years model at a discount when the new phone comes out. Now apple fans can buy the expensive I5s or a cheap plastic iphone. It comes in different colors so they think that's a trade off for not being a high quality build like the old iphone 5.** Edit. It's not cheap by any means it cost $199 and $99...LMAO, the free phone is the very old outdated iphone 4S 8GB

Apple will still sell millions, but the phone is outdated to me. Before I saw the new iphone 5s I actually thought they would surprise me and release a really amazing phone that would want me to think about getting one. But sadly there is nothing this phone does that the Sg4 and other android phones don't already do.
    Wait is this true about the slow motion video on GS4? I've never used it on my phone, how do I access it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast