Who is glad they got a gs4 vs waiting for the iPhone 5s

Jamesmckeephx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I am glad I went with the gs4. To me seems still superior to the next iPhones That were just announced. I was Hoping apple would have something to intice me more seeing that I have an Ipad, macbook air and Ipod touch. What do you guys think of the announcement?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I also have a GS4 but my sister has an iPhone 5. She's not missing out on much if you ask me. Same specs aside from processor. Fingerprint sensor and 64-bit computing is unnecessary and a marketing title imo.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The 64-bit update is a big thing. It won't be long before we start seeing similar hardware on upcoming Android devices. It might not be enough for current iPhone 5 users to upgrade. But its something for the 4s or earlier people to consider.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
But how many apps support 64-bit? It's going to take quite a few months for all the app makers to remake their apps. In the time being there will be other phones made with 64-bit computing but with better specs...

Rodney Marois

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
OK not sure how to post new topic but I got Nexus LG E960 I love it but cant add telephone #s to my list can anyone please help thanks Thank U Also anyone know if this phone takes a micro SD Card thanks ?

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I actually sold my iPhone 5 for the S4. I knew apple would be stubborn and not put out a bigger screen this year. As previous poster mentioned, it would have been nice if they would have came out with something better considering I have macbook pro and apple TV. Couldn't wait any longer. And I was avid apple supporter. Now I'm going to give my son my S4 and pick up the Note 3. Apple could have really dominated the market with a bigger screen. Imo, that's what people really wanted from them. Too bad. They do make quality products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping apple would release a really cool phone...instead they released 2 boring phones. The new iphone 5s is really underwhelming to say the least. apple is going the same route as HTC in saying bigger pixels are better then megapixels which is funny to me. Still 8MP. I thought the burst mode was something they should have already had and the slow mo video is something I have on my SG4 and have used one time to try it out. The finger print scanner sounds really cool, then they talked about it and you realize all it does is pay for ITUNES purchases and unlock your phone. Nothing else, apple\Tim Cook specifically said no app access to this. Not that it matters, there is no way for the finger print to do much because it doesn't have a way to interact with NFC(which is still missing) or any payment terminals. Lets not forget the new 64p proc in a phone...wow, so instead of a quad core they went 64bit. To bad no apps support it, but by they do 64bit quads will be out in android. Either way this is something the average consumer could care less about. Oh and lets not forget the new screen size...oh wait, nm its still 4 inches.

The iphone 5 c is kind of comical. Apple has made a plastic phone so they can save on production cost. The phone itself is pretty much the old iphone 5 just in a cheap plastic case. They screwed millions of apple fans who buy last years model at a discount when the new phone comes out. Now apple fans can buy the expensive I5s or a cheap plastic iphone. It comes in different colors so they think that's a trade off for not being a high quality build like the old iphone 5.** Edit. It's not cheap by any means it cost $199 and $99...LMAO, the free phone is the very old outdated iphone 4S 8GB;)

Apple will still sell millions, but the phone is outdated to me. Before I saw the new iphone 5s I actually thought they would surprise me and release a really amazing phone that would want me to think about getting one. But sadly there is nothing this phone does that the Sg4 and other android phones don't already do. :)

Last edited:

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
... apple is going the same route as HTC in saying bigger pixels are better then megapixels which is funny to me. Still 8MP.

I don't understand your statement. It is an undeniable fact that beyond a certain point bigger pixels increase the quality of photos much more than more pixels does (and 8MP is plenty for normal people). 8MP (3264 x 2448) is enough to easily print a very high quality 8 x 10 print, although without much room for cropping. Larger pixels allow for greater light gathering and much better quality in lower light.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a ton of friends with iPhones/HTC one. The fact is the pictures they take at distances lack the detail of my Sg4. Zooming in to crop a picture is something I do often and simply put megapixels make a difference. While people claim this makes no difference it is easily spotted when you see pictures that have little facial detail the further away someone is.

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a ton of friends with iPhones/HTC one. The fact is the pictures they take at distances lack the detail of my Sg4. Zooming in to crop a picture is something I do often and simply put megapixels make a difference. While people claim this makes no difference it is easily spotted when you see pictures that have little facial detail the further away someone is.

OK, yes, megapixels do make a difference it you plan to crop heavily. And I've never used an HTC One so I can't comment on the quality of its camera. There are many factors that influence the quality of picture a camera cam take, like lens quality and jpg compression algorithm.

Going from 1 to 3 MP makes a huge difference, 8 to 12 MP ... eh. At that point, I'd rather have bigger pixels cause 8MP is generally going to be plenty. Ideally, we'd get bigger pixels and more of them!

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting for years for a bigger screen iPhone. Glad I stopped waiting and got the s4 on day 1. I won't be interested in Apple again until they have a 5 inch or larger. And even then I probably won't be going back.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
They can use a 64bit cpu all they want it does not mean anything unless the os is 64bit. Now dies this mean they will have 2 versions of ios now? I really dont think so. I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
They can use a 64bit cpu all they want it does not mean anything unless the os is 64bit. Now dies this mean they will have 2 versions of ios now? I really dont think so. I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.

iOS 7 is 64-bit.

- - - Updated - - -

You...are you implying there's not undercoat on my used Yugo?

Note 8.0

No paint protectant, either.:)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the S4, but I didn't get it because I was sick of waiting for the 5S, I got it because I hate Apple and their inferior, proprietary, unexpanable junk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm glad I got my s4 and didn't wait for the 5s. I dont feel as though im missing out on anything. Im happy with my S4, its a top class phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm glad I got my s4 and didn't wait for the 5s. I dont feel as though im missing out on anything. Im happy with my S4, its a top class phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

To me that sounds like getting a BMW 535 and saying you don't feel like you missed anything because you didn't get a Toyota Avalon.

Sony XTZ...like ecstasy indeed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet