- 183 Posts
Help me please! Camera problem!
I was just messing around in the camera and I found sometimes auto-focus would give me a red square (although it's worth noting that it seemed to be in the same places where it did that) and fail to focus. Why is this? Does it happen to you? Is my S4 dodgy? I can't return it now, because my cooling off period just ended
- 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM #2
- 09-11-2013, 06:59 PM #3
- 183 Posts
Re: Help me please! Camera problem!
I'd say I was about 2 to 3 metres away from the subject. It was an indoor shot. Auto would give me the red square, manually moving it to that point would give me the red square. Move it a little bit from that point I'd get green (sometimes going back to where I got the red one would give green). It seems to randomly through out a red square (I think I'm correct in saying there've been other situations where it's done it). I tap > wait for square > shoot, but sometimes the red square is thrown up so I have to start again
Maybe it's just bad lighting. One of the shots I was trying to get it to focus between to things and it was dark between the two
Last edited by Edible Walrus; 09-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.
- 09-11-2013, 07:49 PM #5
- 452 Posts
It's telling you that it can't focus on the area covered by the square. That may be because of low light or too little contrast in the area you're trying to focus on. Multi-thousand dollar dslrs can have the same problem, albeit under more extreme conditions compared to a phone camera.
Posted via Android Central AppSamsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
- By Gatz Rexdale in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 09-14-2013, 08:19 PM
- By wgragg in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-12-2013, 01:07 PM
- By mstieber1980 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
- By Phizzl3 in forum LG G2Replies: 14Last Post: 09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
- By Janece Campbell in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM