Help me please! Camera problem!

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I was just messing around in the camera and I found sometimes auto-focus would give me a red square (although it's worth noting that it seemed to be in the same places where it did that) and fail to focus. Why is this? Does it happen to you? Is my S4 dodgy? I can't return it now, because my cooling off period just ended

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd say I was about 2 to 3 metres away from the subject. It was an indoor shot. Auto would give me the red square, manually moving it to that point would give me the red square. Move it a little bit from that point I'd get green (sometimes going back to where I got the red one would give green). It seems to randomly through out a red square (I think I'm correct in saying there've been other situations where it's done it). I tap > wait for square > shoot, but sometimes the red square is thrown up so I have to start again

Maybe it's just bad lighting. One of the shots I was trying to get it to focus between to things and it was dark between the two

Last edited:

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It's telling you that it can't focus on the area covered by the square. That may be because of low light or too little contrast in the area you're trying to focus on. Multi-thousand dollar dslrs can have the same problem, albeit under more extreme conditions compared to a phone camera.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781