Major Sync Issues With Kies

consultant2b

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have just moved to S4 from Iphone and loving the phone but Kies, seems to be a major concern as it seems to have serious Sync issues. I have tried creating my playlists on Kies several times and am correctly syncing them all to my phone, but despite several attemps my phone does weird things like:

1. Not copy all the songs
2. Not copy any songs at all in some playlists
3. Not copy the playlist at all (then when I restart kies, it will copy it. Sometime I have to do this several times).
4. Copy the same playlist twice and suffix a .pla at the end, for e.g. if my playlist is called funsongs, it will create two playlists funsongs and funsongs.pla and the .pla will not have any songs in it.

I wonder if others have had similar issues and if there are any workarounds?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have just moved to S4 from Iphone and loving the phone but Kies, seems to be a major concern as it seems to have serious Sync issues. I have tried creating my playlists on Kies several times and am correctly syncing them all to my phone, but despite several attemps my phone does weird things like:

1. Not copy all the songs
2. Not copy any songs at all in some playlists
3. Not copy the playlist at all (then when I restart kies, it will copy it. Sometime I have to do this several times).
4. Copy the same playlist twice and suffix a .pla at the end, for e.g. if my playlist is called funsongs, it will create two playlists funsongs and funsongs.pla and the .pla will not have any songs in it.

I wonder if others have had similar issues and if there are any workarounds?

Sorry not to be able to help, but Kies worked OK to transfer my songs and playlists. The only thing I can suggest is to double-check all the settings in Kies and where it's putting the files on your phone. After that, you might try deleting all the songs/playlists from the phone then re-copying them to the phone so everything will be clean.

consultant2b

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I have checked all the settings and even deleted all the playlists and reset them but still get the same issues. Its most likely not a settings issue, as the playlists do transfer and the songs also transfer, but some would transfer others just wont. The issues with playlist names are even more strange.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I have checked all the settings and even deleted all the playlists and reset them but still get the same issues. Its most likely not a settings issue, as the playlists do transfer and the songs also transfer, but some would transfer others just wont. The issues with playlist names are even more strange.

The only other thing I can think of is that there might be either a Digital Rights Management issue with some, but not all, of the songs, or possibly a file type incompatibility if some of the sound files are a different format from others.

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i had similar problems with kies, when i first set it up, i managed to download all my music to my phone in the end, but kies still keeps crashing, its a known problem, i think it needs an update to work properly with windows 8, samsungs phones are good but thier kies software is rubbish, who ever designed that piece of crap needs shooting, terrible for a big company such as samsung, maybe they should start looking for some new software designers, i had the same problems with nokia pc suite, took nokia about 3-4 updates till it eventually worked ok

consultant2b

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
i had similar problems with kies, when i first set it up, i managed to download all my music to my phone in the end, but kies still keeps crashing, its a known problem, i think it needs an update to work properly with windows 8, samsungs phones are good but thier kies software is rubbish, who ever designed that piece of crap needs shooting, terrible for a big company such as samsung, maybe they should start looking for some new software designers, i had the same problems with nokia pc suite, took nokia about 3-4 updates till it eventually worked ok

Thanks that was a good track to follow..runnies kies in compatibility mode, seems to have helped fix some of the issues.

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
to be honest i never use kies, its rubbish, once you have downloaded the drivers for your phone, connect to pc with the data cable and just right click on what ever you want, and send to your phone, this works alot better than kies, its about time though that samsung sorted this problem out, if your reading this samsung your software needs an update to work with windows 8, or even just to work full stop, for such a large company like samsung its unforgivable to send out such crap software.

Perry k

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with KIES, and tried some other programs as well..
The files are transferred just fine, but those playlists refused to work properly.
Either they are empty or there are 20 songs and while watching it, it jumps to 2-3 songs .. But for real I should have 80 songs
Only thing that works is, creating folders for each playlist on the card, and then on the phone create a playlist from all the tracks in that folder.. that's the only way it works.
Unless somebody has a 100% working solution ??