Root question

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have the att s4. I am interested in rooting. I would not install a Custom rom. I understand there is no recovery yet, but I am not sure if that means that I cannot unroot or I can't reinstall the the original rom. Any clarification for an old noob would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just didn't know if that technique would work since the video was prior to the latest os update.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just didn't know if that technique would work since the video was prior to the latest os update.

That galaxys4root website needs to be shut down. Total piece of crap.

Anyways, you sound like you're on the MF3 build/firmware, which means you have major restrictions with rooting.

Custom recovery has nothing to do with unrooting...in order to unroot, the usual method is to ODIN back to stock firmware...but we do not have a copy of the MF3 firmware to use with ODIN...so basically, the only known way to unroot at this point is to take it to a Samsung kiosk at Best Buy and ask them to reset your phone...they have software that will restore MF3.

jazzyjag70

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
That's correct, there's no way to unroot, or a way to re install original firmware. I rooted my AT&T S4 with MF3 firmware before realizing there's no custom roms, no recovery, etc.... so i then decided i wanted to go back to my stock firmware. Only way i was able to get the original stock firmware installed on my phone was after reading a couple of recent posts i seen that some Best Buy stores have Samsung kiosks. I called my local store to confirm that they had a Samsung kiosks and spoke to a Samsung representative/worker and asked them if they could re install the original firmware in my S4 and was told yes that they could do that. Yesterday i went there to Best Buy and had the Samsung rep/worker re install original firmware 4.2.2 Mf3 . No questions were asked, they do this for free since the phone is under 1 yr factory warranty. That is the only way to remove the MF3 root back to original firmware. Samsung person told me that they were going to update the Kies program so we can at least recover the Mf3 firmware. Even with a Unrooted S4 with MF3 firmware theres no way to reinstall Mf3 firmware with the Kies program and i verified that with my other S4 that has never been rooted. I hope this answers your question for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm