1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to android - Cropping an image difficutly

Hello guys im new to android - just got this phone 2 days ago after using an iphone for 4 years but got tired of the weak battery life.

I am loving this phone but I do part time photography and I use this phone as back up and coming from an iPhone, its cropping system was SO easy because I got to control the height and width of the cropping box...but in S4, if I increase the width, the height goes up? If the height is perfect and I need to make the crop box smaller or more wider, the height moves also....

how can I fix this? Why can't I just move one or the other?

Help, thank you.

Default Re: New to android - Cropping an image difficutly

I recommend a third-party app like Snapseed or something.

I use Photo Editor on my phone.

Basically your looking for something that has crop(free) or free crop, something to that effect. If you find a good program let us know, always looking for good photo editors.

Posted via My Finger

Quote Originally Posted by nfl2013 View Post
    Hello guys im new to android - just got this phone 2 days ago after using an iphone for 4 years but got tired of the weak battery life.

I am loving this phone but I do part time photography and I use this phone as back up and coming from an iPhone, its cropping system was SO easy because I got to control the height and width of the cropping box...but in S4, if I increase the width, the height goes up? If the height is perfect and I need to make the crop box smaller or more wider, the height moves also....

Help, thank you.
    I've been experimenting with several apps. So far, I'd say Aviary is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by nfl2013 View Post

Help, thank you.
    Not sure what you did but I can Crop just fine. When I click Crop, I'm presented with menu options for Free selection (like you want), Fixed 1:1 (Square), Fixed 4:3 (SDTV) and Fixed 16:9 (HDTV).
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid