- 4 Posts
S4 stock camera vs Google Play Edition camera?
I recently installed the Google Play Edition stock camera on my Int'l GS4 and was trying it out when I realized how the picture quality of the GPE camera and the Samsung stock camera were around the same (with the Samsung pics being a bit clearer) while the picture sizes were radically different. One sample pic that I took with the Samsung camera came out to 5.2mb while the same pic taken with the GPE camera came out to be a mere 792kb.
Is there something I'm missing? Both pictures were taken at 13MP, same size, with no additional filters or settings. Are the Samsung stock camera pics really higher quality than the GPE camera pics or are they just bloated? Some clarifications would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM #2
- 09-15-2013, 08:44 PM #3
- 455 Posts
More MB in image file size typically indicates more data. My guess would be the Google camera is applying much more aggressive jpeg compression. That would be consistent with the stock camera giving you clearer images.
Posted via Android Central AppSamsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
- By speedraider in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 11-04-2013, 11:27 PM
- By BlackLS3 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
- By rsantos97 in forum LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM
- By Telomir in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2013, 04:56 PM
- By Elephants Will Be Mine in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2013, 12:30 PM