Why everyone is bashing the S4 screen?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No problem. If you have any other random questions let me know Lol I had iPhones for a long time before making the switch.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Me too. I recently tried an iPhone 5 but I just couldn't do it. Nice display quality and keyboard but I felt like a I was in jail.

S IV

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok yesterday I compared my friend's S4 with my One,at max brightness the S4 looks like lacking about 30% brightness compared to the One bright screen!
Though when using the free app called ''Lux Lite'' in Google Play https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.vitocassisi.luxlite&hl=fr&token=deVBbXmA his screen was much brighter and the difference between both screen was just about 5%.
I don't though about impact on battery life and screen burn-in...

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I was told by an Iphone user "Dang, your screen is so clear. Is that that Galaxy s4? Can you do.." and so and so.. Goes on and on.. lol.. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like how i can set different screen modes on my s4.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4
Yeah, there's so many different things you can do with S4...its like an Swiss Army knife with incredibly sharp blades. I don't always use the tweezers but I definitely use the cork screw.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there's so many different things you can do with S4...its like an Swiss Army knife with incredibly sharp blades. I don't always use the tweezers but I definitely use the cork screw.

Yeah its totally awesome to have options

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I love how I can send a photo from my phone to my Samsung TV wirelessly. When my wife is watching TV with her friends I interrupt her viewing with a silly photo of her while I'm in the bedroom and they're in the basement. I always get a hoot outta that.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I love how I can send a photo from my phone to my Samsung TV wirelessly. When my wife is watching TV with her friends I interrupt her viewing with a silly photo of her while I'm in the bedroom and they're in the basement. I always get a hoot outta that.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Hahaha that's an awesome use for that feature

You need a 2013 smart TV for that feature don't you? Or have some adapter (although your case it's wireless, so I'm just guessing the former..?).

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha that's an awesome use for that feature

You need a 2013 smart TV for that feature don't you? Or have some adapter (although your case it's wireless, so I'm just guessing the former..?).

Posted via Android Central App

I thought it would just work with Samsung TVs too, but found by accident that I can share photos to my Panasonic Viera (which has a wireless connection to my wireless router) from the stock gallery app.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I thought it would just work with Samsung TVs too, but found by accident that I can share photos to my Panasonic Viera (which has a wireless connection to my wireless router) from the stock gallery app.
It will be able to push pictures and music you have on your phone to any device with DLNA. I'm not sure about video, but I know it works with the Roku app. If you want to mirror your phone's screen, no matter what is on it, to your TV you need a Samsung Smart TV or their set top box.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
All in all, what I tell my customers at Sams Club when they ask what is the TV with the best picture..."Go with what looks good to you, because that TV is the one you will have in your house when you buy it, its something that you will eventually be living with...I can't tell you what is the best because my personal opinion might not match yours (and it usually doesn't)." You bought YOUR phone for a reason, you live with that one, not mine...just do what you do, and don't worry about what I'm using ;)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
All in all, what I tell my customers at Sams Club when they ask what is the TV with the best picture..."Go with what looks good to you, because that TV is the one you will have in your house when you buy it, its something that you will eventually be living with...I can't tell you what is the best because my personal opinion might not match yours (and it usually doesn't)." You bought YOUR phone for a reason, you live with that one, not mine...just do what you do, and don't worry about what I'm using ;)

This is a good and honest approach. Some people do need, and will appreciate more specific guidance. If someone at the office asks me what is the best Android phone for them I think it'd be most helpful for me to ask them somethings about their preferences, priorities, budget, and how they'd use the device. Based on that their responses I'd make a recommendation. Phones are becoming (have become?) very personal extensions of ourselves, becoming more and more our premier tools. Recommending the right one may mean knowing something about the owner's needs/wants.

Though the HTC One, Moto X, G2, and S4 may be the best phones out and about right this moment which of those, if any, would be the best for someone who wants a basic smartphone experience with as little up-front out-of-pocket expenditure could lead to further discussion. It might be none of the above if the HTC One Mini is available for $5 on contract and screen size doesn't matter.

Note 8.0

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It will be able to push pictures and music you have on your phone to any device with DLNA. I'm not sure about video, but I know it works with the Roku app. If you want to mirror your phone's screen, no matter what is on it, to your TV you need a Samsung Smart TV or their set top box.
For what it's worth (may not be much), I found that I can stream YouTube from the phone to my father-in-law's Samsung Smart TV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36