S4 Music files will play then won't...

Dave Hyland

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've browsed this (and other) forums at length to try & figure out what is wrong and how to fix it...

I have an S4 GT-I9505, loaded with a genuine Samsung 64GB Class 10 microSD card.
I can store & access all files on it except for music - I've tried various formats (MP3, MP4a, WMA), I've tried transfrerring via Kies / via Windows Explorer, I've tried transferring just a few files at a time / singly (to try and prevent overrun of the SD card buffer), but the same thing happens:
1. some music files are visible, some are not
2. files may play once, but they ALL eventually turn into a burst of what sounds like high-speed noise (as if the whole track is played in half a second).

Thhis doesn't happen if the tracks are saved to the phone memory, but with only a few gig to play with, there's not much room for my music library and apps.

Like I've said, I've looked all over the net to try & figure this out... is there anyone out there had this & fixed it? Or can suggest a sensible (i.e. not too hi-tech) solution?

Many thanks...

Neil Thorne

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I dont have an answer but a similar problem......if i store music on my phone memory everything works fine, i moved my music to the SD card to free up phone memory and had problems instantly.
1. most of the music files are not supported (yet played when on the phone memory)
2. i have had to add the same files back onto the SD card 4 times now as after about 2 days they seem to disappear from the SD card - yet if i keep it out of the phone they stay permanently? as im new to Andriod i thought i maybe doing something wrong?

Hopefully somebody will have an answer

Thanks in advance

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
For both of you, it could be that the memory cards are corrupting the files. You might try formatting the memory cards with the phone's OS then re-transferring the music. Also, where exactly are you storing the music files in the storage file structure?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084