Galaxy S4: Micro SD Card Corruption Issues

Bashkov

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Micro SD Card Corruption Issues

Hi!

After writing the post last night I decided to put a large quantity of stuff on my Micro SD Card, did this via the PC and left my phone out of it. I stuck 32gb of data onto the card, and this morning I couldn't access it, even in my PC. Now it's bringing to light that my issues are likely with the card, which for me is good news. Easy enough to replace eh!?

Anyway I am currently running H2Testw, on the card, to see how it goes. Hopefully I've been sold a scam card and I can just return that to Amazon! :)

Another thing to mention was the type of formatting your cards are using? My card is using an 'exFAT' formatting system, which is used on flash drives above 32gb. The Galaxy S4 IS compatible with this formatting system however seen as you are using a 32gb card I see no reason why you should be using exFAT. Instead you should be using FAT32. If you plug your Card into the PC and right click and hit Properties, a little window should open. Look for 'File System' if your card is exFAT try formatting it to FAT32. (No idea if this will help or not, but defiantly worth a shot!) Also If your card is formatted to NTFS, that needs to be changed too.

Also, when formatting you can change the allocated block size, from 512 bytes to 64 Kilobytes, this basically means how much data can be stored on one block. If your putting big files on then it might be appropriate to change the allocation size, however files like pictures and songs (2-3mb) shouldn't really need anything higher than a 4kb block. It might be worth playing around with that. Maybe try increasing the allocation size all the way to 64KB, I suppose there are not going to be any files smaller than that as it's a bloody 13mp camera! XD

Something a friend mentioned a few minutes ago was to try formatting it with a program called, HP USB Disk. He seemed to think that was more reliable. He was having issues with his card, and formatted it using that. That seemed to work for him. They were not the same issues, but that's worth a bash too. You can download it from PCWorld website. I'll be testing that out after I've verified the amount of legitimate space on my card. (Won't be for another 5-6 hours yet as it's a 64gb one! But I'll get back to you later tonight.)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Bashkov

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

SUCCESS!

Hi guys!

Update for you all, bought a 32gb class 4 Micro SDHC card! I took over 300 pics on the weekend an they are all there and stable. I'm guessing I was sold a dodgy card! I'd suggest returning the cards you bought and try a new one. Avoid Amazon if possible!

Good luck, let me know how you get on!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I was a little concerned with some difficulties setting up the 64gb sandisk card on my S4, as copying over large volumes of files always seemed to time out.

7 Months later--all is fine. No problems. No corruptions. No issues. Of course, I no longer have to copy over some 50gb of files. I think Samsung as others keep saying has some compatibility issues with certain types of formatting, and the name that seems to come up most often, anecdotal thought it might be, is SanDisk

BTW, another perhaps related issue---DocsToGo will no longer sync correctly (I sync to the card), always creating duplicate copies of certain files as if I had changed them in both places. Tech support advises that the problem is long file names and how Samsung handles them. Of course, long file names---merely around for 15 years or so. ;)

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

SUCCESS!

Hi guys!

Update for you all, bought a 32gb class 4 Micro SDHC card! I took over 300 pics on the weekend an they are all there and stable. I'm guessing I was sold a dodgy card! I'd suggest returning the cards you bought and try a new one. Avoid Amazon if possible!

Good luck, let me know how you get on!

Hope it keeps working for you. With regard to Amazon, if you buy directly from Amazon and not a third-party seller it should be fine. I bought a SanDisk card from Amazon, had problems, checked with SanDisk, they sent me an RMA and replaced the card. I have no doubt it was a genuine card as otherwise SanDisk would not have replaced it.

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Hope it keeps working for you. With regard to Amazon, if you buy directly from Amazon and not a third-party seller it should be fine. I bought a SanDisk card from Amazon, had problems, checked with SanDisk, they sent me an RMA and replaced the card. I have no doubt it was a genuine card as otherwise SanDisk would not have replaced it.

I agree that buying directly from Amazon should be just fine, as what I did (and do for many other products).

I may think about looking for another Micro SD Card to see if they may work. Maybe there's a good deal of a legit SD card on Amazon for cyber week! Haha

I also yet have to see if my current card has corruption issues in my PC and perhaps my tablet as well. If they both also have problems, then it can be deduced the problem may stem from the card - otherwise the problem would be the phone and getting a new card *might* not fix it.

But good to hear you got things working, Bashkov! 😁

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

rglovan24

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I fear my SD card may have finally crapped out and met the same fate as some of yours.
I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint since it was available in late April. Bought the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory card in early May off Amazon. Music, Photos, & Videos are the only things I keep on the SD card. I keep the apps on the Device Storage. There was a couple times (can count on one hand) over the last 6 months where the SD card "unexpectedly removed" itself then remounted itself. Nothing had changed and no music, or picture/video files had been corrupted/lost. ( I did back up everything to my PC periodically, thankfully.) When I received the phone, I had changed the settings for any picture taken to be saved in the Camera folder on the SD card automatically.

More recently when my device updated to Android 4.3, the SD card started removing itself and remounting itself much more frequently; many times per week, and sometimes, many times per day. Still, I was able to take pictures/videos and such that were automatically saved to the Camera folder on the SD card without any corruption incidents or disappearing. Also, anytime I downloaded a picture, took a screenshot, or put a photo on instagram, those photos save in their own Device Storage folders & I always moved the photos from their respective (Download/Screenshot/Instagram) folders on the Device Storage to their respective (Download/Screenshot/Instagram) folders on the SD card in my gallery...........

Until last Thursday Nov 28th (Thanksgiving). I was trying to have someone take a family picture at dinner and the photo appeared corrupted/had random colors pixels & lines all throughout the photo. Had the picture taken a 2nd time, and it turned out normal while saved in the Camera folder on the SD card. Then uploaded the picture to Instagram, so the picture also saved in its own Instagram folder on Device Storage in the gallery. Then as I usually have many times before, moved this photo from device storage Instagram folder to the SD card Instagram folder in the gallery. Next time I went into the gallery, the family picture was gone from the Camera SD card folder and Instagram SD card folder..... oh sh*t...... fast forward to tonight (haven't taken any pictures since Thanksgiving) I decided to test it out. 90% of the photos/videos I tested my camera with became corrupted. After leaving the gallery for the main menu, then going back in the gallery, the corrupted photos/videos disappeared from the Camera SD card folder. This is what I got:
Screenshot_2013-12-04-00-16-16.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-04-00-15-53.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-03-20-18-58.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-03-20-18-18.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-03-20-18-14.jpg And then they disappeared.

This is what my gallery normally looks like: Screenshot_2013-12-04-01-46-02.jpg As you can see, all 8 folders have the SD card icon in the lower left corner.
Then I took some screen shots that saved as usual to a Device Storage folder, thus adding another folder to the gallery, and took some photos with my camera after I changed the settings for pictures to be saved to Device storage instead of the SD card, the gallery then appeared as so with the 2 new folders... : Screenshot_2013-12-03-19-33-26.jpg. The pictures were not disappearing/corrupting at all. I even restarted my phone, and the new screenshots left in their device storage folder still remained, and the camera pictures still remained in their device storage folder. Once I moved the test screenshots and test camera photos, to their respective folders on SD card folders, they were gone.

Important to note: all of the photos in the 8 folders I have on SD card up until last Thursday, are not corrupting & not disappearing at all. They appear to not be affected at all, no matter what I do with them. Only pictures taken from here on out since Nov 28th that are saved automatically into the SD card, or pictures that are saved in other folders on the device storage, then moved to SD card folders, are the only ones that are corrupting and then disappearing rather immediately. As it currently stands I have 31.49 GB of space remaining on the SD card (64 GB), but only about 7 GB of space left on Device storage. I've moved everything from my SD card to my laptop, so I wouldn't be against formatting the SD card now to see if that is a temporary fix. The only thing that will annoy me is losing all my playlists in the stock music player app that took a long time to put together. (Is it even possible to find the playlists and pull them off intact?) Or should I just give up and get a new SD card (but what kind of 64 GB card now that will work with Galaxy S4 with 4.3 operating system?) Not sure if I can get my SD card replaced or a refund since its been 6/7 months since I've had it. Just unsure of what my next step should be.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-03-20-18-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-03-20-18-14.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 11

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Here are some things you can try (based on reading many threads about corrupted SD cards) - you don't necessarily need to do all of these, but can start with one and see if that helps, then go from there:
Factory reset
Start phone in recovery mode and wipe the partition cache
Unmount the SD card, connect to your PC with a card reader, and run checkdisk error correction on the card (which the PC should read as a drive)
Format the SD card using the phone or PC (there's also some discussion on other forums about whether to format as exFAT or FAT 32; some people seem to think FAT 32 may have less problems)

janice18

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

After reading through all this thread, just thought I'd add a little more food for thought. Until last week, I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace (for three years) and was using a sandisk 8gb SD Card, and have never had any problems with it. About five days ago, I got a Samsung S4 Mini and some of the photos I have taken since getting this phone have been corrupted with half the photo being greyed out. The photos were saved straight to the card. Many of the posts in this thread refer to the SD card getting hot. In the Ace, the SD card just goes into a slot in the side of the phone. However in the S4 Mini it goes inside the phone underneath the battery, where it would get a lot hotter than it used to in the side of the Ace. Not sure where it fits on other Samsung devices that have had the same problem but seems to me that the heat theory may have some bearing. I took everything off the SD card, (moved apps back to the phone and saved all photos to my computer). Then unmounted and formatted the SD card. When I put the photos back on the same photos were still corrupted. Thumbnails are fine, but when you open the photo it's not. The same photos do not show correctly on my computer. So for now, have completely emptied the SD card and unmounted it. Won't bother with another one until someone comes up with a satisfactory solution, or when I run out of space. By the way, thanks to all who post on here. The more ideas that are thrown in, the more likely it is that someone will hit on a solution. :)

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I fear my SD card may have finally crapped out and met the same fate as some of yours.
I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint since it was available in late April. Bought the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory card in early May off Amazon. Music, Photos, & Videos are the only things I keep on the SD card. I keep the apps on the Device Storage. There was a couple times (can count on one hand) over the last 6 months where the SD card "unexpectedly removed" itself then remounted itself. Nothing had changed and no music, or picture/video files had been corrupted/lost. ( I did back up everything to my PC periodically, thankfully.) When I received the phone, I had changed the settings for any picture taken to be saved in the Camera folder on the SD card automatically.

More recently when my device updated to Android 4.3, the SD card started removing itself and remounting itself much more frequently; many times per week, and sometimes, many times per day. Still, I was able to take pictures/videos and such that were automatically saved to the Camera folder on the SD card without any corruption incidents or disappearing. Also, anytime I downloaded a picture, took a screenshot, or put a photo on instagram, those photos save in their own Device Storage folders & I always moved the photos from their respective (Download/Screenshot/Instagram) folders on the Device Storage to their respective (Download/Screenshot/Instagram) folders on the SD card in my gallery...........

Until last Thursday Nov 28th (Thanksgiving). I was trying to have someone take a family picture at dinner and the photo appeared corrupted/had random colors pixels & lines all throughout the photo. Had the picture taken a 2nd time, and it turned out normal while saved in the Camera folder on the SD card. Then uploaded the picture to Instagram, so the picture also saved in its own Instagram folder on Device Storage in the gallery. Then as I usually have many times before, moved this photo from device storage Instagram folder to the SD card Instagram folder in the gallery. Next time I went into the gallery, the family picture was gone from the Camera SD card folder and Instagram SD card folder..... oh sh*t...... fast forward to tonight (haven't taken any pictures since Thanksgiving) I decided to test it out. 90% of the photos/videos I tested my camera with became corrupted. After leaving the gallery for the main menu, then going back in the gallery, the corrupted photos/videos disappeared from the Camera SD card folder. This is what I got:
View attachment 94979 View attachment 94980 View attachment 94982 View attachment 94983 View attachment 94984 And then they disappeared.

This is what my gallery normally looks like: View attachment 94987 As you can see, all 8 folders have the SD card icon in the lower left corner.
Then I took some screen shots that saved as usual to a Device Storage folder, thus adding another folder to the gallery, and took some photos with my camera after I changed the settings for pictures to be saved to Device storage instead of the SD card, the gallery then appeared as so with the 2 new folders... : View attachment 94988. The pictures were not disappearing/corrupting at all. I even restarted my phone, and the new screenshots left in their device storage folder still remained, and the camera pictures still remained in their device storage folder. Once I moved the test screenshots and test camera photos, to their respective folders on SD card folders, they were gone.

Important to note: all of the photos in the 8 folders I have on SD card up until last Thursday, are not corrupting & not disappearing at all. They appear to not be affected at all, no matter what I do with them. Only pictures taken from here on out since Nov 28th that are saved automatically into the SD card, or pictures that are saved in other folders on the device storage, then moved to SD card folders, are the only ones that are corrupting and then disappearing rather immediately. As it currently stands I have 31.49 GB of space remaining on the SD card (64 GB), but only about 7 GB of space left on Device storage. I've moved everything from my SD card to my laptop, so I wouldn't be against formatting the SD card now to see if that is a temporary fix. The only thing that will annoy me is losing all my playlists in the stock music player app that took a long time to put together. (Is it even possible to find the playlists and pull them off intact?) Or should I just give up and get a new SD card (but what kind of 64 GB card now that will work with Galaxy S4 with 4.3 operating system?) Not sure if I can get my SD card replaced or a refund since its been 6/7 months since I've had it. Just unsure of what my next step should be.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Sorry to hear you happened to get this problem, too! I appreciate the very informative rely with the screenshots!

I've seen the unmounting and removing of the card issue more often than the problem we now have in common. I myself have actually not experienced the unmounting problem - only the corruption one.

The first time I experienced the problem was when I got the new SD card and wanted to store my photos there. After transferring them all, all of them had the corruption problem where they were grayed out or had the black symbol.
When I had the problem for awhile, sometimes I would also see the thumbnails - but going to view the photo skewed the partially great ie black photo. (I'm curious - has anyone tried using Air View to see if they can view the corrupt picture through there? I'm not sure if using Air View just magnifies the thumbnail or if it pulls up the actual image, just smaller?).
I've also had the thumbnails, many times, turn into the black symbols after more time. And if I recall correctly, they would sometimes even turn straight into the symbol after taking the photo...

It almost seems like there are different states or levels of how bad a photo becomes corrupt (it may also apply to music and other files, but photos can be viewed in more ways I think - music and other files might be either corrupt or not corrupt, and there might not be a way to see HOW corrupt they are).

I've had issues with:
-The photo becoming blurry or lost its resolution. I've noticed these photos may usually just give up on themselves and become completely corrupt (black state) after some time
-The photo becoming partially or completely grayed out, sometimes (but not very often) with weird distortions or colors going through the picture
-Photos becoming corrupt to the black state "instantaneously" (though, there's no real way of telling how fast this actually happens [Maybe if we take a photo, we can watch the corner in the camera app where it shows the previous photo taken. It could be possible to see the photo turn black or something after some time, or maybe it might save black right away? I've never really thought about trying this]).

With these problems (I can't think of any other forms the issue can take), they seem to come in varying speeds. Either they become corrupt right away (multiple times, I've seen faster than the photos can be uploaded to Dropbox or Google+) or they take much longer.
The speed as well as the percentage of files becoming corrupt may depend on how many files are being transferred at once. (More being transferred = higher % corrupt).

When you mentioned the corrupt photos you had disappearing, did they just become invisible in the gallery or were they completely deleted? Maybe you can check the space you have on the card and see if the used space is now smaller. Perhaps, if they weren't deleted, the files can still be located in your files?

Good thing your previous files didn't become corrupt!
The only thing I can think of that has helped me (temporarily) is formatting the card on the phone. This does come at the price of deleting everything on the card though... (Although, on my other thread of this issue, someone did this but still had all their files on the card afterwards [they also said they some files were restored... I'm not sure how this may happen, and it seems pretty strange]).

For your music, are you able to transfer your playlists to your phone? I'm not sure how to go about doing that though 😯.

simplywarthog

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi there,
I've have had problems with the sd card too in my Note 3. Apparently in Samsung devices it's a very common issue. It has to be with permissions to write on the sd card.
I first got a message saying that the sd card was damaged and it should be formatted. I saw a lot of unknown little files in the folders. After formatting the only folder that remained was google music, with a lot of strange files in it too (I don't use google music at all, so it was something I didn't find normal. Then it was totally impossible to store any file on the sd card (no writing permission) unless I unmounted and mounted again, for some minutes I was able to use it.
I then thought that maybe I could remove the google music folder and deleted google music app. Since then -two days- I haven't had any problem with the sd card. Maybe I'm wrong, but at the moment I suspect that the culprit was this app for some reason I don't get. Anyway, it's just a guessing, I will wait more days to see if it is solved.

aveese

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

i have the same problem with my galaxy note 10.1 2014 p600!!!
i got the sandisk 32 gb class 10
i've been using it in note 2 for a year without any problems
do i have to have my tablet replaced??? or my sd card replaced???
will samsung ever acknowledge these problems???

Blackie_X

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I recently had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab2 10.1: after a year with it and a SanDisk 32GB microSD, the microSD first started to refuse to show some photos, so I tried to reformat it with the Tab, and it corrupted it so badly it fails to be seen by any device. One totally dead card.
I contacted Samsung UK in the first instance. They were very good in that they telephoned me the very next day. The representative was very polite, and although you could say he was trying to fob me off, he did say that they would take the table in for investigating if I wanted. But basically, he was saying they have not had reports of problems so they aren't' aware of any such problem, and blame it on the card.

I wonder whether too many people are not actually contacting Samsung? From the number of posts here and elsewhere, it does seem to be a problem - yet they seem not to know about it? This can only be if people are not reporting it?

I also did a search "do all tablets corrupt microSD cards" - and so far, I've not found enough conclusive evidence, but it does appear that it is rare for other tablets to corrupt cards, so again, it seems to me we must all contact Samsung :)

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I recently had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab2 10.1: after a year with it and a SanDisk 32GB microSD, the microSD first started to refuse to show some photos, so I tried to reformat it with the Tab, and it corrupted it so badly it fails to be seen by any device. One totally dead card.
I contacted Samsung UK in the first instance. They were very good in that they telephoned me the very next day. The representative was very polite, and although you could say he was trying to fob me off, he did say that they would take the table in for investigating if I wanted. But basically, he was saying they have not had reports of problems so they aren't' aware of any such problem, and blame it on the card.

I wonder whether too many people are not actually contacting Samsung? From the number of posts here and elsewhere, it does seem to be a problem - yet they seem not to know about it? This can only be if people are not reporting it?

I also did a search "do all tablets corrupt microSD cards" - and so far, I've not found enough conclusive evidence, but it does appear that it is rare for other tablets to corrupt cards, so again, it seems to me we must all contact Samsung :)
It does sound pretty reasonable that not many people report this problem to Samsung, thus them not knowing about it or not having enough people having this problem to not do anything about it..

radixe

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

I have a similar problem with my note 3. I have a 16GB UHS1 sandisk card, I was using it on a note 2 just fine prior to moving it to the note 3. The problem is that the sd card content goes progressively worse, more and more files gets unaccessible for use over time and usually occurs after connecting to a usb cable to charge or to a pc. Once it gets completely unreadable a restart would usually fixes it and the cycle repeats again. Today it went and gonecompletely corrupted. I had around 9GB of data on it and they were completely gone, all that remain was the folders with corrupted names.

So I went and reformatted it. Going to see what happens next, or I'd try testing with another card.

This is a really annoying problem, having to reboot the phone and the occasional corrupt card.

Pregen Munsamy

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Does anyone have to solution to recovering the corrupted photo's? And why do we get a SanDisk SD card with a samsung phone, where Samsund SD cards are available?

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my note 3. I have a 16GB UHS1 sandisk card, I was using it on a note 2 just fine prior to moving it to the note 3. The problem is that the sd card content goes progressively worse, more and more files gets unaccessible for use over time and usually occurs after connecting to a usb cable to charge or to a pc. Once it gets completely unreadable a restart would usually fixes it and the cycle repeats again. Today it went and gonecompletely corrupted. I had around 9GB of data on it and they were completely gone, all that remain was the folders with corrupted names.

So I went and reformatted it. Going to see what happens next, or I'd try testing with another card.

This is a really annoying problem, having to reboot the phone and the occasional corrupt card.

Oh man, I'm sorry for your lost data! This problem is indeed very annoying and usually frustrating.

Have you reformatted that card before? Let us know how it goes, and good luck!

Hi,

Does anyone have to solution to recovering the corrupted photo's? And why do we get a SanDisk SD card with a samsung phone, where Samsund SD cards are available?

As of now, it seems like there hasn't been a solution yet. I haven't been able to try, but someone much earlier in this thread had a possible solution. I don't know if it works or not since I haven't tried it yet! I might in the future when I can, however.

But I'm not sure - when I got this phone, it didn't come with an SD card. Just the point itself (I have Sprint).

Which makes me ask the question: what carriers do you guys have? I doubt this has to do with anything about the SD card, but there could always be a slight chance of a pattern haha

Just a quick update of my problem: for a long while I had my card just sitting in my phone after I gave up using it. I decided to try it again approximately 3 weeks ago. What I did was first copied a great deal of photos AND videos from my phone to the card. This was to test if it could handle the huge amount of data being transferred over. What surprised me was that every single photo and video were perfectly fine (and still are)!
After seeing this, I started to take a ton of random pictures with my camera set to save directly to the SD card. These photos also were fine. For the next 10 days I believe, everything worked fine (I kept the camera saving to the card; all while still automatically uploading to Dropbox, etc.).
However, around the 10th day, the photos started becoming corrupt... They started from the newest photos to the older ones. It spread down to photos taken around the 5th day (photos from approximately days 5 through 10 ate now corrupt). Pretty strange...

I managed to get some screenshots of the "process"of the corruption..
First I noticed that I could still view the photo fine; just the thumbnail of the photo was broken.

usuny6y7.jpg

(Sorry for the odd photo hahaha)

Then I noticed the same thing spreading to other photos.
Oddly, I was also able to preview the album using Air View - even when the thumbnails for the album (and for the photos in them) are corrupt.

taza6ygu.jpg

u4eqe3av.jpg

Then, a few days later, after many of the photos became corrupt, I was able to preview some of the corrupt photos themselves.

my7uhyta.jpg

And now this is what I have (at this very moment, days after I last looked at the albums and files).

enyjybej.jpg

Honestly, this issue almost seems like some sort of disease hahaha
But hopefully this might have provided more information on what is happening!

Last edited by a moderator:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Funny. Just got a new Samsung 2014 tablet 10.1

The SD card 64gb SanDisk that worked just fine in my Asus, no longer worked.

I had to reformat it IN THE TABLET, and suddenly all is well.

I wonder what Samsung does with its SD card issues. ;)

TuxedoBlackC7

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has caught this but this same corruption problem happened to me today with over 100 pics I took with my 12 day old S4! These were priceless pics I took of my daughter buying her wedding dress so I am furious.

I noticed that the corrupted pics (other pics on the sd card are fine for now), have a resolution of -1X-1. This is what the corruption is as without an output resolution, nothing can 'see' the picture even if the file size is still 1.5 MB as my current settings are.

Why is this happening? I installed a brand new 64 GB Samsung microsd card two days ago and had no issues until today!

Tomorrow I am taking this POS galaxy back to Verizon and get an iPhone like I had before. I spent about 45 minutes on the tech support line with Verizon and they were super nice but no luck. I now have zero confidence in Samsung but the worst part is that I have only ONE non-corrupted pic of my daughter trying on her wedding dress.
:(
Sorry for the rant.

Jason553

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi all, registered as I have the same problem. Just to let you all know, don't waste money buying a Samsung sd thinking that will solve the problem. I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung mircoSDHC UHS-I card (pro) 64gb.

^Poster above me, Im sorry for your loss. I too lost important photos of me and my girlfriend enjoyng a meal in the shard for our first anniversary, I too was furious. However people in this thread have mentionned that they were able to recover their photos using firmware programs etc. Look through this thread. I'm going to try these methods shortly so don't give up hope!

When this first happened I thought it was because I didn't format card when I installed it. I formatted it and pics saved fine. I was still having problems with my music so I tried someone's advice on another forum which was to take card out restart phone without it then turn off and put card in again. This caused more problems as my device refused to recognise the card and I had to format again. Now I have the photo issue again and the music issue.

There MUST be a solution somewhere, let's keep looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance