Audio Playback

Kelsey A

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the S4 today and the music players are terrible (google player and standard phone player). All of my music stutters and skips and sounds distorted. Help!! This was a huge deciding factor in my purchase.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That shouldn't be happening. Are you playing music files stored locally, or music files from Google Music streamed over the web?

Since the phone is brand new, you might just want to bring it back to the store, demonstrate to them the problem, and ask for an exchange (rather than spending a lot of time seeing if you can fix this problem).

Kelsey A

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm playing mp3. The lady at the store said that I can't put music from my computer on my phone. I have to download any music I want, otherwise, it'll skip. That's pretty stupid.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That lady clearly doesn't know shinola from that other stuff. All Android devices should be able to play locally saved MP3 files (as well as any other supported music file) smoothly.

If she's the one to decide whether you can exchange the phone or not, then do NOT accept that as an answer. Ask for a supervisor, or call your wireless company's customer service number and go up the chain there. I suspect that lady just doesn't want to give you an exchange.

gimpy1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I do use the Google music player. I don't download too many songs from the internet. What I do is rip my cd's to my computer. Installed on my computer is Google's play manager. After my cd's are ripped to the computer, play manager automatically uploads then to Google cloud. From there, they download to my phone. Pretty simple process once you get it set up.

This process allows you to listen to your music on any device you have, as long as you can sign into your Google account. I don't notice the problems you are describing routinely, maybe every once in awhile.

But, I am planning on experimenting with different music managers :).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing mp3. The lady at the store said that I can't put music from my computer on my phone. I have to download any music I want, otherwise, it'll skip. That's pretty stupid.

Are you storing the mp3's in Internal Storage, or on the external SD? There's someone else on the forum who's having very similar problems only with music stored on the external SD.

Posted via Android Central App