Question about battery replacement and sd card

clamss

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. Made the switch from iphone 4s a few weeks ago and extremely pleased thus far. One of the things that brought me over was that I got tired of the iphone's battery running out, and I really like that with the s4 you can just open up the back and put in a fresh battery.

So I just got a new battery from Samsung. My concern is this: I've only taken the battery out of my s4 one time, and when I put the it back in, the micro SD card became unmounted and I lost all the music and pics that were stored on it. Now it wasn't catastrophic because I just had to put the music and pics back on the card, but even still I'd like to avoid that in the future. Now I've read about a lot of issues with everyone's SD cards, but I'm hoping someone can tell me how to avoid having card issues whenever I swap one battery for the other? (maybe I should just remove the card from the phone before I swap batteries???).

Thanks for any advice!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. Made the switch from iphone 4s a few weeks ago and extremely pleased thus far. One of the things that brought me over was that I got tired of the iphone's battery running out, and I really like that with the s4 you can just open up the back and put in a fresh battery.

So I just got a new battery from Samsung. My concern is this: I've only taken the battery out of my s4 one time, and when I put the it back in, the micro SD card became unmounted and I lost all the music and pics that were stored on it. Now it wasn't catastrophic because I just had to put the music and pics back on the card, but even still I'd like to avoid that in the future. Now I've read about a lot of issues with everyone's SD cards, but I'm hoping someone can tell me how to avoid having card issues whenever I swap one battery for the other? (maybe I should just remove the card from the phone before I swap batteries???).

Thanks for any advice!
You have a few option: (In no particular order)
1. Keep items stored on the internal sd card to prevent losing the data on the external sd card that would be of importance.
2. Carefully remove the battery as to not disrupt the sd card.
3. Power off the phone before swapping out the battery. This is what I do and would recommend it as well
4. Don't use the external sd card. I wouldn't recommend this as it's counterintuitive to having an sd card slot in the first place.

Honestly, I'd strongly suggest #3 above. Just make sure the sd card is fully re-inserted before powering on the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol