- 1 Posts
In need of extended battery help!
I'm somewhat new to androids, but I already love my S4! The one thing I want to change though is my battery. It's not that it's small, but I tend to use my phone a lot and I don't like having to plug in a lot. My one dilemma is that I purchased an otterbox case for my phone, not realizing that I would want a new battery. I want to be able to get the best battery without having to get a new case. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-20-2013, 01:21 AM #2
- 09-20-2013, 08:42 AM #3
- 397 Posts
Re: In need of extended battery help!
"Extended" batteries the same size as the original battery very often under-deliver on their promises of significantly increased life. Samsung's batteries are pretty much maxed out on the mAh capacity to volume ratio. If you want more capacity, you'll need to go with a physically larger battery, which won't fit with your Otterbox. You can find some cases that will fit (check on Seidio.com), but that's about it.
Cases with external batteries are also available, but they're obviously much thicker than an Otterbox.
Or, carry a spare charged battery with you. I hate loading up my pockets (so I carry an extra battery only when absolutely necessary), but it's the only solution if you don't want to massively bulk up the phone any further.Verizon Galaxy S4 - 96GB • Galaxy Note 8.0 - 80GB
- By Snareman in forum LG G2Replies: 44Last Post: 09-26-2013, 12:36 AM
- By Kris Nelson in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 8Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:26 PM
- By JanNegron in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:22 PM
- By DroidArmy in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2013, 04:27 PM
- By LightDX in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2013, 11:31 PM