Stop push notifications

maxy007

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I have a SG S4 i9505 and would like to know how to stop push notifications.
I have gmail, yahoo and outlook as email programs that are the main problem. I couldn't find anything in the settings.

Thanks for your help

Cheers,

Maxy

maxy007

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I like the apps I'm using I just don't want push on my phone when i have a laptop and a tablet that's pretty much always with me that i check mail on. I like to send mail from my phone if it has to be done in a hurry otherwise I check and respond on my other devices.

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use llama (tasker will work too)... You can control when you want sync. While I'm at work i have my phone sync Gmail for 1 minute every 90 minutes. Or you can disable sync in settings?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Go to the settings menu, select the account you want changed, select sync schedule. You have a setting for peak and non peak. Default for exchange is push. If you don't want any, select manual. Otherwise pick a frequency.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you could explain exactly where these settings are.

I think you will find they no longer exist if they did at all.

The settings are listed for the default Samsung email app. They work perfectly to push or not to. They are located in the app itself, so open the app, then hit the settings... If such settings didn't exist, how would you add or remove mailing addresses?
Gmail app also has similar settings. In fact, all mail apps should have similar settings.

I hope that helps

Posted via Android Central App

TechAddict

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I've been unable to find in these settings is 'Push'? I have one gmail account and two others. Maybe it comes up if you disable sun and re-enable it? As of know I select Sync schedule only?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I've been unable to find in these settings is 'Push'? I have one gmail account and two others. Maybe it comes up if you disable sun and re-enable it? As of know I select Sync schedule only?

In the Gmail app, yes. Check sync if you want push. Uncheck it if you don't want push.

In the Samsung app (far better, and can show you multiple accounts at once) you can leave sync checked and then just change the synchronization schedule... Manual is off or will only push when asked to.

Posted via Android Central App

TechAddict

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ah thanks for that. I'm using the Samsung App and already have the schedule set up which i assumed was a fetch arrangement. I do prefer the Samsung app to the gmail one i must admit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma