Please help me make sense of 4G signal

beekeeper6

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Three years ago I bought the HTC 4G. There was almost nowhere that I could get a 4G connection at the time (I live near Washington DC), but over the past few years it's gotten better, to the point that I had solid, reliable 4G connection in my office. But my phone was getting old and falling apart, so I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4. It uses 4G LTE, which I cannot connect to in my office! Because apparently that's just being rolled out. So my new phone somehow was WORSE data connectivity than my old phone? Can someone explain to me why:
a.) my new phone can't connect to whatever 4G signal I was getting before.
b.) Why they keep rolling out new technology instead of developing what already exists? This is like deja vu, I buy a new phone and can't use its functionality, and I have to wait until it's old and decrepit before it works to its full potential?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Three years ago I bought the HTC 4G. There was almost nowhere that I could get a 4G connection at the time (I live near Washington DC), but over the past few years it's gotten better, to the point that I had solid, reliable 4G connection in my office. But my phone was getting old and falling apart, so I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4. It uses 4G LTE, which I cannot connect to in my office! Because apparently that's just being rolled out. So my new phone somehow was WORSE data connectivity than my old phone? Can someone explain to me why:
b.) Why they keep rolling out new technology instead of developing what already exists? This is like deja vu, I buy a new phone and can't use its functionality, and I have to wait until it's old and decrepit before it works to its full potential?
Are you using the same carrier now as you did with the old phone?

AndroidTuttons

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
But to answer your question on why the roll out new tech instead of developing on the old. Is they simply can't they get to a point where they only way to upgrade is to roll out new tech, it's like phones only so many updates a phone can get before it's pushed to its limits and it's time for new development

Posted via Android Central App

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

A) Different data tech; the old one was called Wimax and the S4 uses LTE thus incompatible sir.
B) Same reason we want the best phones, newest tech ;and Sprint had gone with Wimax at first just for the sake of saying they had the first 4G network. Verizon had the first true lte network here in the States, then At&t, then Sprint, then T-Mobile.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital