Warranty Replacement with ATT

bagwell08

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my S4 getting out of the car yesterday and when I picked it up 3/4 of the screen was black and it was still functional if i knew where the buttons were to make calls. Anyways I called att to get a warranty replacement and i know its not covered under warranty if its cracked. I noticed this morning that it is cracked in the bottom corner. How much is the out of warranty replacement? Should I cancel the warranty and go with insurance replacement?

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
If the screen was already cracked, it's too late to get the insurance. Warranty replacement shouldn't cost you anything but there is usually a deductible on the insurance. But, not having the insurance means you would probably pay full price for a replacement.

bagwell08

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have insurance on my phone already, but in the process of her explaining the warranty she said it doesn't cover physical damage, at the time I thought it wasn't physically damaged because I didn't see anything. And actually The screen still works but its just black. Like I can make a call since I know the location of everything.

Blake Mead

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have insurance on my phone already, but in the process of her explaining the warranty she said it doesn't cover physical damage, at the time I thought it wasn't physically damaged because I didn't see anything. And actually The screen still works but its just black. Like I can make a call since I know the location of everything.

I actually just had to have my GS4 replaced for a software issue so I went through the whole AT&T warranty hoopla. From what I've read above this is strictly an insurance situation as the defect had nothing to do with the build quality or software but rather user error as they say. I also have the insurance plan as well and this should fall fully under the accidental damage clause of your agreement. Good luck and I hope you get your phone up and running soon!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ugh sorry for your troubles. This definitely seems like an issue that would be covered by the insurance. You shouldn't have much trouble getting a replacement but you'llmhave that deductible.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia