Turning off

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
6ese7e4y.jpg

while turning off it stuck here for 30 seconds before it axtually turned off.
Do you have the same issue? What seems to be the problem of my phone???

Sent from my *RED* Galaxy S4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't say that I know for sure. Does it happen all the time, or only sometimes? When I power down my Razr Maxx, the time it takes to do so varies. Presumably, it's taking time to properly shut down all processes so that data isn't lost. It's never taken 30 seconds, but in your case, maybe there was some app that was still running that was stuck or frozen, and finally was able to close.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
It happens all the time. It's really annoying. I encountered a lot of problems with this phone. I want to go back to apple now. :( :(

Sent from my *RED* Galaxy S4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you actually powering down the phone, or just putting it to sleep? There's usually no reason to power down the phone--just let it sleep. If you're trying to save battery by powering down, you might end up not saving that much, because it takes a little extra battery to power it back on again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which apps are freezing? If they're not system apps, maybe you should uninstall them. 3rd party apps aren't always guaranteed to work smoothly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are those picture apps ones that came with the phone, or ones you installed? I assume the album gallery you're referring to is the one that came with the phone. Try uninstalling any 3rd party picture apps you may have installed. Then disable your Gallery app by going to System Settings/Apps/All, selecting Gallery, and tapping Disable. Now go to Google Play and install QuickPic, a nice lightweight gallery app replacement. See if that helps.

If you need to re-enable Gallery, go back to System Settings/Apps/All, scroll all the way to the bottom (where Disabled apps are listed), tap Gallery, and tap Enable.