Stock Messaging App freezes
My Husband made the jump from iphone to the galaxy S4.. well so far, nothing but problems with the messaging app..
The stock messaging app keeps freezing and takes so long to load sometimes a message appears that it stopped working.. also the phone is just super slow (compared to mine).. I tried to delete the messages/texts but it freezes so I have no way to do it - unless there's another way someone could tell me (without rooting)
I did get him an SD card and moved songs there (in hopes to free up some space so the phone wouldn't be so slow).. but still no go.. the messaging app just doesn't work and literally takes forever to load..
should we return the phone or should I reformat it (like reset the whole phone and start from a new, and how would I go about doing that?)
thanks in advanced! I was hoping he'd have a better experience than this :P any advice would be appreciated
- 09-23-2013, 04:43 PM #2
- 43 Posts
Re: Stock Messaging App freezes
Reboot the phone.
I can't stand Galaxy S4's stock texting app. I STRONGLY suggest you download Textra and let it do its thing to configure. It's how texting should have been done on Android (at least until Google Hangouts is Google Voice and SMS ready). It's fast and it doesn't over compress multiple photos you send and doesn't give me that "file is too big" message.
- By Frenzee in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 09-23-2013, 07:34 PM
- By Chingyul in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM
- By David North in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2013, 02:36 PM
- By Razeus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
- By Frenzee in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM