Snapseed resizes my images on import

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a particular reason why Snapseed reduces my 13MP Galaxy S4 images down to less than 3MP? Isn't Snapseed a Google product? Does it not support the S4's full resolution?

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that link. It seems odd. I reduced the rez on my S4 to 8MP and now I don't get the resizing message. Unfortunately, Snapseed flat out doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I start processing an image. I think this is the camel that breaks the back. There's just too many small issues with Android that are adding up to a lot.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that link. It seems odd. I reduced the rez on my S4 to 8MP and now I don't get the resizing message. Unfortunately, Snapseed flat out doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I start processing an image. I think this is the camel that breaks the back. There's just too many small issues with Android that are adding up to a lot.
There are several other image editing apps available. Snapseed is not a Google app, it's provided by a third party, so I wouldn't blame problems you're having with it on Android.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Interesting - more evidence Google is working to take over the world. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Pixlr Express, which has a couple of advantages over Snapseed including 13mp support and custom folder option to save directly to SD card. Snapseed may have better filters, but I never used them so I don't know for sure. I used to use Snapseed for straightening and cropping, both of which Pixlr Express handles beautifully.

Not owned by Google, but still free and ad free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12