Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Is there a particular reason why Snapseed reduces my 13MP Galaxy S4 images down to less than 3MP? Isn't Snapseed a Google product? Does it not support the S4's full resolution?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    snapseed will down-sample photos over 8mp on a phone... 16 on a tablet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Thanks for that link. It seems odd. I reduced the rez on my S4 to 8MP and now I don't get the resizing message. Unfortunately, Snapseed flat out doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I start processing an image. I think this is the camel that breaks the back. There's just too many small issues with Android that are adding up to a lot.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Quote Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
    Thanks for that link. It seems odd. I reduced the rez on my S4 to 8MP and now I don't get the resizing message. Unfortunately, Snapseed flat out doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I start processing an image. I think this is the camel that breaks the back. There's just too many small issues with Android that are adding up to a lot.
    There are several other image editing apps available. Snapseed is not a Google app, it's provided by a third party, so I wouldn't blame problems you're having with it on Android.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    There are several other image editing apps available. Snapseed is not a Google app, it's provided by a third party, so I wouldn't blame problems you're having with it on Android.
    Snapseed IS a Google app.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Quote Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
    Snapseed IS a Google app.
    The Snapseed app I find on the Play Store is from Nik Software - are they owned by Google?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    The Snapseed app I find on the Play Store is from Nik Software - are they owned by Google?
    Yes.

  8. #8  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    Interesting - more evidence Google is working to take over the world.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Snapseed resizes my images on import

    I switched to Pixlr Express, which has a couple of advantages over Snapseed including 13mp support and custom folder option to save directly to SD card. Snapseed may have better filters, but I never used them so I don't know for sure. I used to use Snapseed for straightening and cropping, both of which Pixlr Express handles beautifully.

    Not owned by Google, but still free and ad free.

Similar Threads

  1. Games lag on HTC one!
    By Chase Morell in forum AT&T HTC One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM
  2. KitKat Leaked Images
    By deesugar in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 10:02 PM
  3. HELP!!!! My Nexus 4 is unresponsive after the 4.3 update!
    By beebeebopbop in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  4. Just over a week into ownership - My thoughts
    By peejay1977 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 02:07 AM
  5. Trouble connecting to 4G. Only wants to be on 3G.
    By FutureRoscoe in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

B