software update

sfilansno1fan

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
hi when trying to see if a software update is available ready for my samsung galaxy s3 and s4 i get the message
failed to update firmware due to network or server problem please try again later or try using pc kies
ive been getting this for the last 2 hours now ive tried wiping the cache as told to and to reinstall kies niether of these have solved the problem
anyone have any ideas please

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
After trying again just now after leaving it 10 hours it now tells me my phone has the latest updates already installed confused much

I'm not aware of any updates being released, that's why I asked the question in my post above....but I'm not sure about all variants. Do you expect an update to be available?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw news that the GT-I9505 does have an update that was recently made available. Not much information out there on it, and I expect that like many updates, it's being rolled out in batches OTA, so it simply may not be available for your device yet. You could tries KIES, however since it appears to only be a minor update related to KNOX, I'm not really sure there's anything in this update to get that excited for (it's not Android 4.3). If it were me, I'd just wait.

sfilansno1fan

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info I checked for an update as my friend who is on the same network had an update for her phone do u know when the s4 can expect the 4.3 update as my carrier virgin mobile uk are very slow at releasing updates my current software is ahead of there's I do mine through kies

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info I checked for an update as my friend who is on the same network had an update for her phone do u know when the s4 can expect the 4.3 update as my carrier virgin mobile uk are very slow at releasing updates my current software is ahead of there's I do mine through kies

Posted via Android Central App

As far as I know, only the "Google Edition" has received 4.3 at this time. Some reports say that 4.3 for the other S4 variants will be released in October, but as you mention, that will also depend on your carrier as to when it actually gets to your phone.

Elvi Myrto

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
unable to update software. a network or server error occurred. Try again later or go to Samsung Kies on your PC to update your device.
Samsung galaxy s4 bought in USA, i live in albania, i found problem updating it...please help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63