Transfer my stuff from Galaxy Nexus

oldmuttonhead

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to pull my hair out! This is turning out to be WAY more complicated than I expected. I have a Galaxy Nexus where I have about 6GB of stuff (music, pics, etc) that I would like to have on my new Galaxy S4. I'm a freaking IT professional and I can't figure this out. I feel really stupid even asking this. :)

How do I get my stuff on my S4?

What I've tried:

Connecting both devices to a computer - won't copy it just says "preparing to copy" forever..

Connecting Nexus to a computer as a "middle man" (three different ones with 2 different OSs (Windows 7/8 and Ubuntu)) - it just stops like it is finished and doesn't copy all the files (either only copies the first directory and not sub directories or skips a folder all together.)

AirDroid - starts to copy and times out every time. I did get up to about 1.5GB once.

S beam - devices see each other but nothing happens when I tap the app on the devices

WiFi Direct - Can't get the files to copy... (May not be doing this correctly)

Samsung Smart Switch - not compatible with Nexus..

Ack! Can anyone help me? What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to pull my hair out! This is turning out to be WAY more complicated than I expected. I have a Galaxy Nexus where I have about 6GB of stuff (music, pics, etc) that I would like to have on my new Galaxy S4. I'm a freaking IT professional and I can't figure this out. I feel really stupid even asking this. :)

How do I get my stuff on my S4?

What I've tried:

Connecting both devices to a computer - won't copy it just says "preparing to copy" forever..

Connecting Nexus to a computer as a "middle man" (three different ones with 2 different OSs (Windows 7/8 and Ubuntu)) - it just stops like it is finished and doesn't copy all the files (either only copies the first directory and not sub directories or skips a folder all together.)

AirDroid - starts to copy and times out every time. I did get up to about 1.5GB once.

S beam - devices see each other but nothing happens when I tap the app on the devices

WiFi Direct - Can't get the files to copy... (May not be doing this correctly)

Samsung Smart Switch - not compatible with Nexus..

Ack! Can anyone help me? What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!

An app like Helium? I haven't used it, but a lot of people like it.
Can the Nexus take an SD card?
Are Samsung drivers up to date on the PC?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Copy everything from your nexus to the computer. Once you have done that, plug in the S4 and copy from computer to the S4. I find using 2 devices connected via usb on onr computer tends too cause issues.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88