S4 issue with phone connection

Shalieanna

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently invested in my first smart phone and occasionally when I place a call (I almost always use the speakerphone) the phone rings once then starts to screech! like there is interference or white noise. It's so loud and high pitched that it hurts my ears. Then if I redial the phone number it usually works. Is this an issue with my phone or the carrier?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That seems like an issue with the carrier to me. I would take your phone in to the carrier and let them hear it. They may need to reprovision your line or something related.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you by any chance.........near another electrical device ???
Makes sense - this really sounds like some kind of feedback. I get the same sometimes when using wireless regular phones on speaker, when both my wife and I are on separate phones and we get too close to each other.

Shalieanna

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That seems like an issue with the carrier to me. I would take your phone in to the carrier and let them hear it. They may need to reprovision your line or something related.

I would do that, but it never seems to happen when I am near their kiosk at the Mall (of course). I have started to turn off my wi-fi and mobile data functions and we'll see if it happens again. it's definitely feedback of some sort.

Shalieanna

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you by any chance.........near another electrical device ???
Not to sound silly, but when are we ever not near another electrical device?
It happens in the or when I'm walking outside. it's unpredictable and does it on speaker and without the speaker. I guess no on else has ever had this problem, so maybe I should send it to the Samsung guys to check out - it may be defective?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000